Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
LHS, your revolver was made in 1952. As long as the bore is in good condition refinishing an old H&R is not going to ruin it value. Those pits will be a challenge but that is half the fun, judicious draw filing and some stoning should get it done. The center pin is in stock and will fit your M series revolver...Center Pin, Blued (K Series To M) | Gun Parts Corp.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
LHS, your revolver was made in 1952. As long as the bore is in good condition refinishing an old H&R is not going to ruin it value. Those pits will be a challenge but that is half the fun, judicious draw filing and some stoning should get it done. The center pin is in stock and will fit your M series revolver...Center Pin, Blued (K Series To M) | Gun Parts Corp.

I'd be happy with just getting it to a functional state, the patina and wear are kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
I’m thinking I might be happy with a profit and let someone else do the work.
They are a decent revolver, I have two of them from many years ago. Both are good shooters and decently accurate..one is a nickle plated 6" barrel revolver and the other is a 6" barreled blue revolver..
Light Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never done anything other than a light steel wool/oil on a pistol. Parts will run about $28 (I need three if correct), but maybe just take it to the local gun show and ask $100.

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My brother offered me $150 if I ordered the parts and cleaned it up, so I just placed the order. Might just decide to keep it, or just use as trade bait at the local gun shows.

Or sell it to him, except he is always complaining he has no money and his truck doesn't run and needs work.

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
My brother offered me $150 if I ordered the parts and cleaned it up, so I just placed the order. Might just decide to keep it, or just use as trade bait at the local gun shows.

Or sell it to him, except he is always complaining he has no money and his truck doesn't run and needs work.

If your brother is like mine was, that offer of $150 is just a hint that he'd like to have it, but for $0. :p

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your brother is like mine was, that offer of $150 is just a hint that he'd like to have it, but for $0. :p
He wouldn't get to look at it in person if that was the case.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
(I need three if correct)
To me...it looks like you only need the Center Pin as you have the 922 and unfortunately, GPS listed the 622 as a 922 and ther is a difference in the way the Center Pin is retained and removed..

Reactions: jwrauch

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a center pin, a center pin catch, and a center spring catch spring.

Cheap enough if I don't need....

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
My Dad had a 922 and that was the first revolver / handgun I ever shot. When he passed I inherited it, re-blued it and though it's not worth much it's one of my most cherished handguns. You might try Numrich's to see it they have a retaining pin or if you like I can take a picture and try and give you some nominal measurements (and Numrich's might have some good illustrations / data too!).

... Oops... You must have been posting as I was typing... Cool! Glad you found parts!

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Dad had a 922 and that was the first revolver / handgun I ever shot. When he passed I inherited it, re-blued it and though it's not worth much it's one of my most cherished handguns. You might try Numrich's to see it they have a retaining pin or if you like I can take a picture and try and give you some nominal measurements (and Numrich's might have some good illustrations / data too!).

... Oops... You must have been posting as I was typing... Cool! Glad you found parts!
Appreciate the offer!

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
White Product Motor vehicle Font Mode of transport

Bicycle part Crankset Bumper Automotive exterior Material property

Fairly certain I ordered the incorrect parts - or too many. There is already a part here to release the barrel retaining rod, as seen in the photo. The parts diagram is completely different! I also ordered #4 & 10.
Hope they take returns!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts