Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how a H&R single shot shotgun breaks down. I haven't seen it, but my buddy can't figure out how the heck it breaks down. Thanks for any help..

·
Master Gunsmith
2,119 Posts
what do you mean, how to open the action , or how to take it apart

what do you mean, how to open the action , or how to take it apart
for those who have never fought for it, feedom has a taste the protected will never know

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
If you mean the action,you drive the pins out and it all falls apart.If you mean the barrel,take the screw out of the forearm,take the forearm off and open the barrel.Dont drive the pins out of the housing unless you know what you are doing.It's a mess in there. sam.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Take the screw out of the forearm and then grab the forearm at the end towards the muzzel and pull down and remove.
Then open the action and lift off the barrel.
( If it's like my old Sears Robuck single shot. )
If it is PM me and I'll hep you futher... :)...A.H

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. My buddy said there was no screw on the forearm but I find that hard to believe. And I meant to break it down, not take the internals out of the block. I know it's a real nightmare in there. Don't want to mess with pins and such. My Remington Model 1898 broke down in the manner you described, as well as my Baker Paragon. When I get the gun, I'll check it out..Thanks again for all the help, and have a joyous Merry Christmas...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts