H&R receiver

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BishopA4, Aug 19, 2002.

1. BishopA4

BishopA4 Guest

My H&R receiver is marked with an S A. Does this stand for springfield armory or something else?

Thanks, Jonathan

2. In back of the rear sight on the "heel" or on one of the parts?

3. BishopA4

BishopA4 Guest

Its below the woodline on the receiver. All other parts are springfield though. Could springfield have rebuilt a rifle with an H&R receiver?

4. BishopA4

BishopA4 Guest

No one has any ideas. Its got a new stock and parkerizing is 100%. Its got a pre war barrel date 9-41.

5. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

What's the TE on the barrel

What's the TE on the barrel? I have a 57,xxx Springfield that would love that time period barrel. I do not believe H&R was producing Garands at that date. Contact me [email protected] to see if we could work something out.
    MY H&R came with a LMR barrel or the time peroid. Does that stand for Luger or Mariln ? :)

6. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

Where did you get it?

CMP has been selling just receivers for a few years, maybe someone put it together ?? If it is a fairly new barrel, I'm about to shed tears.

The new stock, Pre-war barrel and Korean receiver is why this comes to mind. What are the drawing numbers on the OP-ROD, Bolt and other components???

7. BishopA4

BishopA4 Guest

Everything is springfield but the receiver. bolt is 6528287-sa then z-2. Op rod is d35382 6 sa. Trigger group 6528290 sa. Receiver has d 28291-9 sa under woodline. Barrel sa 9-41. Receiver serial number is in the 5 million range. What is TE I'm farily new to garands and shooting?

8. BishopA4

BishopA4 Guest

I got it at a gun shop. It was supposedly bought at a garage sale in the early 70's.

9. shaddownone

shaddownone Guest

fairly new too, but it is addicting

T/E is short for throaght erosion. It is an indication of useable life left in the barrel.
    Go to site WWW. FULTONARMORY.COM
    loads of info. You can find the gauges for 70 - 80 bucks for the 30.06 and 308.
    Best bet is to take to a smith for an inspection. Try to find a good old gent not a new fangeled poly razmataz type kid who won't know an op rod catch from a follower. Relax, read the materials out there. It's all over the net. Check this site daily, I learn something new each time I do.

Go to WWW.ODCMP.COM loads of info there too. Try a Garand Match. it goes on and on, and they say drugs are addictive...

10. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

Re: What's the TE on the barrel

LMR is Line Material something , suspose to be very good barrels .

H&R & IHC made Garands after the start of the Korean War .

Wyr
    god Bless