close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

H&R receiver

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BishopA4, Aug 19, 2002.

1. BishopA4

BishopA4 G&G Newbie

My H&R receiver is marked with an S A. Does this stand for springfield armory or something else?

Thanks, Jonathan

2. In back of the rear sight on the "heel" or on one of the parts?

3. BishopA4

BishopA4 G&G Newbie

Its below the woodline on the receiver. All other parts are springfield though. Could springfield have rebuilt a rifle with an H&R receiver?

4. BishopA4

BishopA4 G&G Newbie

No one has any ideas. Its got a new stock and parkerizing is 100%. Its got a pre war barrel date 9-41.

5. What's the TE on the barrel

What's the TE on the barrel? I have a 57,xxx Springfield that would love that time period barrel. I do not believe H&R was producing Garands at that date. Contact me SHADDOWNONE@CS.COM to see if we could work something out.
    MY H&R came with a LMR barrel or the time peroid. Does that stand for Luger or Mariln ? :)

6. Where did you get it?

CMP has been selling just receivers for a few years, maybe someone put it together ?? If it is a fairly new barrel, I'm about to shed tears.

The new stock, Pre-war barrel and Korean receiver is why this comes to mind. What are the drawing numbers on the OP-ROD, Bolt and other components???

7. BishopA4

BishopA4 G&G Newbie

Everything is springfield but the receiver. bolt is 6528287-sa then z-2. Op rod is d35382 6 sa. Trigger group 6528290 sa. Receiver has d 28291-9 sa under woodline. Barrel sa 9-41. Receiver serial number is in the 5 million range. What is TE I'm farily new to garands and shooting?

8. BishopA4

BishopA4 G&G Newbie

I got it at a gun shop. It was supposedly bought at a garage sale in the early 70's.

9. fairly new too, but it is addicting

T/E is short for throaght erosion. It is an indication of useable life left in the barrel.
    Go to site WWW. FULTONARMORY.COM
    loads of info. You can find the gauges for 70 - 80 bucks for the 30.06 and 308.
    Best bet is to take to a smith for an inspection. Try to find a good old gent not a new fangeled poly razmataz type kid who won't know an op rod catch from a follower. Relax, read the materials out there. It's all over the net. Check this site daily, I learn something new each time I do.

Go to WWW.ODCMP.COM loads of info there too. Try a Garand Match. it goes on and on, and they say drugs are addictive...

10. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

Re: What's the TE on the barrel

LMR is Line Material something , suspose to be very good barrels .

H&R & IHC made Garands after the start of the Korean War .

Wyr
    god Bless