Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Those two pieces of Bic pen in with the firing pin spring? Well, guess what...that is the ORIGINAL design. Those were intended to protect the firing pin channel from wear and also act as a buffer as the slide cycled all the way back. The design was changed about 5 years ago to a different firing pin and a double spring setup, one small one rides inside a larger one. Makes a loud ratcheting noise until you shoot it a few times and the springs set. There is also a new design extractor with a longer spring as well as a new trigger design. If you call them, they'll send you anything and everything that you might need short of a barrel, slide, frame and sear in about three or four days! I've worked on a few...lol

Reactions: neophyte
I shot a few thousand thru my HP .45 pistol

bought it new, never once did it see cleaning, every once in awhile I sprayed some RemOil in it's general direction.

I shot the cheapest ammo I could find through it. We would go to quarry and shoot every other weekend, at 200-300 rounds a visit. For over a year.

Sold it to buy Christmas presents (along with couple other guns) one year when I was jobless and broke. Don't regret it, but I do miss that ol .45

The ONLY malfunction I ever had with it, my 10 yr old nephew limpwristed it once and stovepiped a round on ejection. Was his very first centerfire handgun shooting experience. Once I showed him how to hold it better, he ran it like a champ.

I had the 9mm pistol too, it was reliable but I didnt like it, wasnt as accurate and just felt horrible in the hand. I had a 9mm carbine (and so did my brother) and I loved everything about it except the 10rd capacity.

I should pick another HP .45 up someday, but they have went up a lot in price, I only payed 120$ for mine new.

No, these are dealers in the area here, no shipping, and they don't charge for transfers on firearms that they sell. Looking at his ads, I guess it's the .380 he sells for $149, the C9 is $169, of course taxes have to come in there somewhere too. I paid $160 for my .JCP .40 but that was a few years ago.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.