close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Had SPAM for lunch on a few hog hunts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jack O, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

What the heck is SPAM ? I know that's a silly question but all this talk of spamming on web sites has me curious.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If you are referring to the electronic type it is defined as this:

Sending Personal Annoying Messages
    Submiting Personal Ad Messages
    Silly People Annoying Me

They post or email with ad with the hope of boosting their self

3. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Hey Thanks Chris kinda new to the whole computer thing

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Hey no problem, any time I can help ya just ask!

5. spam

S.P.A.M. Some-Parts-Are-Meat

6. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

And SOME- PARTS- AREN'T- MEAT Best part is the can you left in the boat last year is a real life saver when you forget your lunch. Beter than an M.R.E you don't need water. It becomes FMJ projectile when thrown. This stuff is so handy you should be able to by it at the hardware store. SPAM saves the day or not you make the choice.

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Real spam, the "edible" kind, got it's name from "Spiced Ham". The kind that everyone gripes about today is unsolicited junk email. The most annoying thing is that SPAM almost always starts with a statement that it is not spam, and that you asked for it from a website you never went to.

8. And Now For Something Totally Different

I don't know if you've seen the ads yet but they are now marketing Turkey Spam. I s**t you not (that will probably be the next flavor). I think I'll try a tin just to see how it tastes. If you never hear from me again you'll know not to try any.......hahahaha.:D

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I already tried it. It is even WORSE than the original, as hard as that is to comprehend. It is similar to Spam in texture and appearance, except a few shades whiter, and totally flavorless. Regular spam seems like real meat in comparison.

10. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    ich i thought they outlawed the stuff!! now theyre coming out with new flavors? incredible!

11. My wife is a big, big fan of spam but hates the new turkey stuff. I happen to like the regular stuff but hey, I happen to like hot dogs too. In other words...pretty much made of the same animal parts.

12. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

When we were kids, my Grandmother told us Spam and Hot Dogs were made from body parts not edible by themselves...Like what Grandma??? Brains that don't look healthy enough to make Hog Head Cheese...Bags...male and female...if its all beef, its cow bags and Bull bags....ears, lips, all that you think would be thrown away. Don't know if she was right...But I've never been a Hot Dog fan nor do I eat Spam. Pound for Pound price, you can eat real meat.

13. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

I left out the pig Uterus's and there is more but would probably get Bleeped.

14. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Now where else would you get all of these nutrient enriched animal parts if the were no spam. I all else fails it could be substituded as a handy ballistic gellitan.

15. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

SPAM is made in Austin MN by Hormel. they have a huge factory and even a new spam museum. they have put out something like a billion cans, i'm guessing that most are still on the store shelves. i live about 45 minutes from austin but have never eaten any. i can't get past the sight. just something about meat sealed in a can. i'll take my venison anyday.

16. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

As my dad used to say about when he grew up during the depression, they use everything but the sqeal! I don't mind SPAM, but I grew up being forced to choke down corned beef, and hate it to this day. Wierd thing is, once a year I get this urge to eat a can, then I'm okay for another year.