hand gun registration

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Jun 1, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i have a hand gun i bought and was wondering if i had to get it registerd right away . cause i don't know if i'm goin to keep it or not. it is not stolen i had a leo run the numbers for me and it came up clean. i was just wondering if i was breakin the law not registering it right away

2. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i know you'r asking why not aske the leo well i don't see him that often

3. MikeC

MikeC G&G Newbie

Dude, it depends on your state laws. Where I live, you have to go thru a dealer or state police for a private sale, so all the paperwork is done then. If you do not know, I suggest that you call a gun shop and ask what you need to do.

4. Klaus

Klaus Guest

If you bought it from a licensed dealer, they have a record of it. As far as I know, most states do not require licensing of handguns. You need to check your city and county ordinances. While you are at, it check on the state carry laws. It is not very difficult to take a photo of the firearm and copy the serial number.

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I DO NOT REGISTER ANYTHING! REGISTRATION IS THE FIRST STEP TO CONFISCATION! IN MY CITY YOUR SUPPOSED TO HAVE A HANDGUN CARD AND CERTAIN TYPES OF HANDGUNS ARE NOT ALLOWED. I AM IN VIOLATION OF BOTH THEIR CRAPPY ORDINANCES AT LEAST 8 TIMES DUE TO ALL OF MY HANDGUNS AND NO HANDGUN CARD. I AM MOVING OUT OF THE CITY NEXT YEAR. IF CAUGHT I WOULD FACE AT LEAST 8 1ST DEGREE MISDIMINORS, SCREW 'EM!

6. Klaus

Klaus Guest

YES! ALL CAPITAL LETTERS AND LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS MAKE FOR A MUCH MORE PERSUASIVE MESSAGE!

7. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i called the leo and asked if i had to get it registerd and she said it would be in my best interest to do so. theni asked if it was ilegal to have it unregisterd and she said the same thing it would be in my best interest to do so .i live in south louisiana any one know what the laws are down here . cause i just get the runaround from these cops down here

8. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Well, I know Louisiana honors my Texas CHL, so I do not worry about it. I am fairly certain that LA does not have a state law requiring registration, but some cities might.

9. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Cant help with the LA laws...we get lots of people who move to Florida asking how to register their firearms and since we do not have such laws we all kinda go we dont do that here...they still got and ak L/E and gun stores then go WOW you all dont do that.

10. E-9

E-9 Guest

Go Your State internet site and the usually list your laws within
    the CC or fireams section of your state code,,,, all states are
    pretty much different but all have them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

.........................................E-9...................................................

11. Lenny

Lenny Guest

On registration

When I lived in IN, I registered my guns as soon as I got them. If they are ever stolen, report them right away. If they are recovered, they get back to you much sooner than if you did not register them (and then you might never get them back). If the nazis ever take over the US as many people here think just claim all of your registered guns have been stolen. I think registration is a good thing for law abiding citizens.

12. Nix on the registration. From viewing your other posts--do you work for the government.

13. NRAJOE

Right on Alan! :hmmm:

14. Lenny

Lenny Guest

Look out your window

Yes I do work for the government. I work for the branch known as "the man". I have dispatched 2 silent, invisible helicopters to monitor your every move alan. Wait...since they are invisible you can't see them...just trust me. They are there and they are watching you.

15. Eric

Eric Guest

If you want to know your state laws on firearms and CCW. Go to www.packing.org. I just found out about that site the other day. It's a great source of info. also let's you know which other states honor your states permit and which states offer non-resident permits...that way if your state doesn't offer it, you can legally be packing on some of those 'road trips'. Great site!

Me, I would NEVER register my guns.

16. You are right I can see them with my invisible night vision.:nod: :nod:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  17. NRAJOE

YA VOLL MEIN DUMKOFFS YOU VILL REGISTER YOUR VEAPONS SO MEIN STORMTROOPERS CAN TAKE ZEM FROM YOU LATER UND DER IZ NOTHZING,NOTHZING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT..NOW MACH SNELL GET UND HEINIE DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL REICHSTAG UND TELL US HOW MANY YOU HAFF! VE HAFF VAYS OF MAKING YOU TALK!!!!

18. Lenny

Lenny Guest

19. NRAJOE

It's a joke son,don't ya, I say don't ya get it? - Foghorn Leghorn