Handgun Magazine(s) worth their cover price?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Czarkazm, May 11, 2008.

1. Czarkazm

Czarkazm Guest

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (if not, admins are welcome to move it to the right place): Are there any handgun magazines worth their price? I see "Guns & Ammo", "American Handgunner", "Handguns" and even "Combat Handguns" at Amazon. But I saw someone's forum signature (I think maybe another site) that said "Gun Magazine writers are about as honest as a used car salesman." Is that true to any extent? Or is there one magazine that is particularly brutally honest (i.e. actually trying to provide the reader with unbiased content rather than just trying to sell a magazine with gee-whiz factor) in their reviews, etc.? I'd like some light reading material, and don't necessarily want to read, "Wow, <gun manufacturer X> has done it again with their new <fancy new model>. You'll never look at shooing the same way again!" every month... And I'm asking here because I'd rather (1) hear from people who have tried them all and (2) not waste my time and money buying a copy of ever magazine I can find just to be disappointed by all.

Thanks -
    - Czar