Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, I am becoming more and more curious about handloading and all the hype about it. I know you will definately get some more accurate shots, but I am curious how much more accurate you might could be. As of now, I am content with saving money and using all the surplus ammo I can get my hands on for blasting, but in the future, I have a feeling I will be looking more into custom loading...

I have an m39, m91/30, m44, a westinghouse, a 1903a3, a k98, an enfield no4, a steyr m95, a k31, and a carbine coming in the mail. If you guys have had good luck with specific configurations with any of these, hook a brother up.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
You need to pose this question in the reloading form!

·
Premium Member
30,562 Posts
s'ok mang

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Not being stuffy or anything. Just think you will get more ideas/info there.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
The biggest reason you get better accuracy with handloads is you can hold the deviation in fps closer.Factory rounds can and often are a grain to a grain and one half different.Handloading you can stay within a tenth.Factory loads may run 150fps deviation.I've seen more.Reloading,I can keep the fps deviation in the single didgets.20fps is usually acceptable.I have seen 4" factory load groups go to 1 1/2" or less with handloads. Factory loads are getting better since they are computerized. sam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts