Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slowly upgrading my gun collection as I age.

Just turned 65 last week (and started shooting bullseye matches).

This should help my scores if I practice, practice, practice and do my part.

Happy birthday to me!

My LGS just ordered this for me (charging $1,395 plus tax... Which I believe is a good price... I do much business there).

A new S&W Performance Center Model 41 5.5". Should be here soon... Was in-stock at her distributor.

Woohoo! (Now for an optics ready 1911...)

Stock pic from S&W website
178031_01_lg_0_0.jpg

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Happy birthday!

If you want to be a better Bullseyes shooter? Practice slow fire with a revolver in double-action only. Strong hand, weak hand, both hands.
Then switch over to your target gun.

Something about a long, 8 (plus) pound trigger pull, that will really exercise all the muscles you need to control, to shoot tight groups with that Model 41.

As always, YMMV.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Happy Birthday and no one knows how to treat you like you! Awesome Target pistol...let us know how it shoots..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It arrived today... Picked it up at noon. Yes, meets all my expectations so far! Now... To the range this weekend!

Trigger measures 2.6lbs exactly
1120201622.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm getting better each time I take the Model 41 out!

Equipped with a red dot, it easily outshot the old Iver Johnson revolver (blade sight) and the new Winchester Widlcat rifle (peep sight). (All were shot while standing but on a wooden rest)

These holes are from 50' resting gun on wooden box while shooting.

Used CCI std velocity 40gr LRN
I didn't capture a picture of the target with my one-handed, bulleyes style, practice... But I'm getting better
Photo_2020-11-30_03-17-33_PM.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts