close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Happy day at the range

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Got up early and went to the range with wifee poo...was realy quiet so had the range pretty much to our selfs. She was smokeing q targets with her Star 9mm and I gave the new Traditions Muzzle loader a go at 100 yards with patch and ball.

Attached a pic of 2 groups on a bullseye target.

Attached Files:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Lead balls cought in paper.

This pic is of 3 round balls...50 cal I captured in a telephone book at 50 yards...pushed with 80 grains of Pyrodex. I thought they stayed round...but man they expand like crazy...realy surprised me.

Attached Files:

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Glad you had fun,I used to have a .50 cal smokepole and also did the phone book thing. I'm gonna have to get me another one ,got rid of mine back in 1979

4. JohnD

JohnD Member

How deep did they penatrate?

5. I shot my .50 caliber Hawkens to death. I loved that gun. It was extremely accurate and with 90 grains it would bring down just about any animal in north america. Unfortunately the threads where the nipple screws in got so pitted from all the shooting that the nipple would fly out when fired. Not too safe. I still have it as a wall hanger above the fireplace. Cant part with it because it was a kit that I put together from scratch.

6. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Went through about 3-4" of a wet book....dry one that was hit at the bottom correnr went completley through.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yep,mine too.

8. awwww i wish i had a muzzle loader! :cheer:
    i mat just have to take a look at one!
    -Jesse