Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tragic death of Philadelphia police Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski is being used for shameless pandering by politicians and pundits in Philly.

Mayor Michael Nutter and Governor Ed Rendell have used Sgt. Liczbinski's murder to call for more gun control. Specifically, they're calling for a ban on semi-automatic rifles like the one the career criminal used against the veteran of the police force.

Columnists like Jill Porter use a senseless killing to chide gun owners for failing to support gun-control measures that won't make Philadelphia one bit safer.

You don't hear Nutter, Rendell or Porter mention the extensive criminal history of Howard Cain, the man who killed Sgt. Liczbinski. You don't hear them mention his long rap sheet, or the fact that he should have been in prison, not out on the streets to commit armed robberies and murder.

About a decade ago, Howard Cain was sentenced to 18 years behind bars. In spite of his criminal record, he got probation the first time he was eligible. Halfway into his 18-year sentence, he was back on the streets. The gun-control crowd is trying to say that a semi-auto ban would have somehow prevented Cain from obtaining a gun. But Cain was already subject to his own personal gun ban. As a convicted felon, it was illegal for him to own one bullet, much less a firearm. But to a guy like Cain, laws are meant for other people to obey. That's why he should have been behind bars.

You can't make a city safer by banning firearms. Ask the residents of Washington, D.C., how well that's worked out. If you want to improve the safety of residents in Philadelphia, it's going to take time and money. Fully staff the police department. Make sure that those violent criminals on parole are being supervised. Go into the schools with anti-gang programs. Reach children before it's too late. And fully prosecute the gang members and drug dealers who are turning Philadelphia into their own personal killing fields. No plea bargains. No sweet deals. Throw the book at bad guys who've decided to prey on good people.

Until the politicians decide to go after those responsible for the violence on their streets, nothing will change. The people of Philadelphia should ask themselves why their elected leaders are trying so hard to paint gun owners as the scapegoat instead of doing what they truly know would make their citizens safer.

More...

·
Registered
253 Posts
lol I always love how they think banning guns all together will solve a single problem. The bad guys dont walk into a gun store and walk out with a full auto mac 10. They go down the street and buy one out of a trunk of some gun runners car, and can you believe that the gun runner doesnt obey the federal gun laws lol? Anyway even if the average criminal wanted to buy a gun in gun store they wouldnt be qualified to buy a childs rubber band gun with the laws we all ready have lol.

·
Handgunner
9,183 Posts
The reason the politicians don't go after the criminal element? Hell, most of them ARE the criminal element. Prostitution, drugs, fraud, driving under the influence and causing a death...how many make the news every week by doing something illegal that quickly gets minimized or swept under the carpet entirely? How much DOESN'T the public hear about because money speaks louder than truth?

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Does anyone think the cops don't know for the most part who the drug dealers are? Who the gang bangers are? Who the gun runners are? Why should they do anything about it, not doing it means job security for all cops,lawyers,judges,wardens,prison guards etc.etc.etc. I mean when you have a revolving door for criminals and gang bangers you have job security.

Please, any police officers and the rest who read this don't take me or what I've said wrong. It has to be frustrating more for you than anyone. You arrest them and before you're even done with the paperwork from that arrest they're back on the street because some judge gave them bail and the drug money they've made has bailed them out.

But let's be real. We'll always need police and lawyers and judges and prisons. But if they'd just put the death penalty back into every state for those found guilty of murder and other heinous crimes, and make them serve full terms for most other violent and other serious crimes, trust me, crime would drop. If they'd stop letting them walk with a slap on the wrist, well you all know what I'm talking about. I'm not gonna waste the time as nothing will change...

I have to ask as this is/was the first I'd heard of this as I've had the T.V. off for the most part. They're calling for another assault weapons ban. Can I ask and or does anybody know what gun or guns were used in this shooting? Was it an assault weapon? Not that it matters because as Ted Nugent just said on Glenn Beck that I had DVR'd, would it make it or would it have made it any better if it were a duck gun?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts