Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats!

I'll never understand the desire to sit out in the middle of a frozen lake, freezing body parts off just to catch a fish. 🙃 🤪
It looks colder than it is. I’m a rare one as I sit on a bucket. Many up here have ice houses. Some are unbelievable!

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Congrats!

I'll never understand the desire to sit out in the middle of a frozen lake, freezing body parts off just to catch a fish. 🙃 🤪
LOL - If you're freezing off body parts, then you're doing it all wrong. And you'll be stripping off the outer layers when the fish start hitting.

·
Premium Member
9,115 Posts
Congrats!

Its the excitement when you finally get a fish. You warm up and forget your toes are frozen. Your adrenalin is going and you hope for another. If not bring plenty of coffee in thermos and a small heat source inside of bucket and holes in it. The heat goes right up through holes under coat.

·
Premium Member
9,115 Posts
On the ice this morning. 12”. Set two tip ups for northern. Caught this 30” in 10’ of water. Swallowed my hook. I’ll get it out when I filet it. View attachment 159111
Congrats on another successful day Tom. Also we all appreciate how you picked up others trash. Plastic and aluminum wont go anywhere and just looks nasty

·
The outer edge of civilization
13,462 Posts
It looks colder than it is. I’m a rare one as I sit on a bucket. Many up here have ice houses. Some are unbelievable!
Nope. Not for me! I'm much happier sitting on a boat on a warm, sunny summer day. Yeah I'll get a sunburn but at least my fingers and toes won't freeze and fall off...lol

·
Registered
9,036 Posts
Congrats!

way up North there isn't a lot of things you can do outdoors in the Winter. cabin fever sets in real quick. get geared up for it and ice fishing is fun.

·
Premium Member
18,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on another successful day Tom. Also we all appreciate how you picked up others trash. Plastic and aluminum wont go anywhere and just looks nasty
I refused to pick up the piles of human excrement left behind, no pun intended. I understand bodily functions. Take a five gallon bucket and a garbage bag. I think someone makes a toilet seat that fits a five gallon bucket too.
Just no class.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Nice fish!

Reactions: Rambo

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
I refused to pick up the piles of human excrement left behind, no pun intended. I understand bodily functions. Take a five gallon bucket and a garbage bag. I think someone makes a toilet seat that fits a five gallon bucket too.
Just no class.
A friend of mine from Maine who owned hunting and fishing camps used to say :"pigs don't know pigs stink !"

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Picked up this trash as I left the ice. People carry it out but are too lazy to take it back off. Oh well, once a Boy Scout, always a Boy Scout.
I can't begin to tell you how much this bends me out of shape, they know they're bringing it out, do they expect it just disappear if left there?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts