Have a Ponsness W. 375 looking to switch to an MEC...opinions please

Discussion in 'General Reloading' started by thaddy1978, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thaddy1978

thaddy1978 G&G Addict

I have an old Ponsness Warren 375 for 12 guage. By old, I mean somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 years or so. I have been looking, and can sell the PW and with that same money, get an MEC. Some folks say the PW is a work-horse and I would be crazy, but what I am looking at, is the availability of parts and the cost. Finding parts for the PW is a little more difficult and a bit on the pricey side, where MEC, in contrast, is much easier to find parts and they are very reasonable in price. What do you all think?

2. Tracer

Tracer G&G Aussie Dad

(Some folks say the PW is a work-horse and I would be crazy,but.) But nothing you would be commiting a sin.LOL you cant wear out a p-w and if you do they will send you anything you need.I have an 800 plus you can use anytime you want.

3. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

208-687-2231
    they still got parts and iirc still make the 375.

the mec's don't size high brass near as well and don't do a finish crimp even close.
    but they do have an adjustable charge bar available, and usually the primer thing don't work so well.
    but if you have another press to take care of the sizing and final crimping the mec's are fine.