close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have our TC's become orphans?

Discussion in 'Thompson' started by olcop, Jul 17, 2014.

1. olcop

olcop G&G Enthusiast

Don't know if it's true, but I read that there hasn't been a new TC G2 frame built in over two years, Anyone know for sure on this?
    And, does anyone know S&W's plans for the TC line in general?
    Just wondering if we are all sitting on a potential collector piece.
    olcop

2. the T/C website still offers them and calls them the most adaptable gun in the world
    they boast about all the calibers etc.
    so i dont thing we have to worry

870shooter1 likes this.

3. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

An awful lot of Thompson production has been moved to Ardessa in Spain. That may have a lot to do with the slowdown or pause in production. Those people took the entire Christmas season off, from Advent to Epiphany, then they took three weeks off in Spring, and now they've taken the entire month of July off.

4. EABCO has blued and stainless G2's for sale right now

5. olcop

olcop G&G Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear that they still maintain a presence in the industry---I didn't need a collector piece anyway.
    TC's remind me of a half #$%&#@ brother in law, who can hunt, you don't exactly hate um, and you don't exactly love um, but, they're good to have around - ---- mostly.
    olcop

6. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I have a great deal of admiration for the Contender. They are a wonderful concept, scary accurate and vesitile. I owned one, loved it, but sold it. I don' know why.

7. i put off getting one for years because i always thought
    dang thats a lotta moolah for a single shot ANYTHING.
    now i have one with three great shooting barrels.
    i guess my priorities changed
    will i buy another?
    prolly not
    but i do like this one
    next will be a savage bolt pistol

8. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

My contender was set up for a right handed shooter. I shoot left. I was faced with putting money into it to make it a leftie or find one already set up that way. I sold it. They guy I sold it to (through my LGS) shot it and found that it would not shoot worth a flip. Groups looks more like dots forming a large square than a clover leaf. Said he could not get it shooting straight at all and might send it back to T/C for work.

Sometimes people sell things that are headaches. I may have purchased someone's head ache and passed it on unknowingly.

9. the first one i fooled with i could NOT get that barrel to shoot no matter what i did
    and you know i tried every cotton-pickin powder bullet yadda yadda combination i could think of
    oversized hinge pin
    slugged the bbl
    measured the chamber
    that 357mag barrel was garbage
    too bad
    it sure looked pretty....

texnmidwest likes this.