Gun and Game Forum banner

Heavy 7.62x39 Thread

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Tha Dave 
#1 ·
After doing a lot of research on a sister forum (cast boolits), I have been able to successfully venture into reloading heavy cast boolits for the 7.62x39. Please do not attempt to replicate my loads unless you are an experienced reloader and are familiar with the inherent dangers that can result from overpressure. None of the data I'm using has been published by any reloading manual I am aware of and should not be taken as official or even safe. These are my loads that I worked up that work in my firearm and I am not responsible if you blow yourself up. That being said, here is the unboxing video with the load and testing videos soon to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7pvqrpcXQ

#6 ·
Use a pair of pliers to bell the neck of the x39 case, you will get MUCH better accuracy. I doubt with that much shaved lead if you get any decent accuracy from any load. I never did...

#7 ·
Use a pair of pliers to bell the neck of the x39 case, you will get MUCH better accuracy. I doubt with that much shaved lead if you get any decent accuracy from any load. I never did...
Well actually I used a Lee Universal Case Expanding die when I loaded the last bunch of lead you sent me.

#8 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an expanding die. Those first few rounds stripped a bit of lead off, but the preceding ones didn't do so for some reason. Regardless, something I need to do.

#9 ·
I've found that the Wolf 154 grainers work very well in my Yugo SKS with the William's fire sights and the gas system turned off
..... when I can find them for sale that is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.