close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heavy Barrelled Lee Enfields...YES

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Tony @ WCG, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    Yes they do exhist...just like heavy barelled any other rifle. Here is one pic...

2. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio

3. John Meeker

John Meeker G&G Newbie

OK, I live in NW Ohio, and am interested in having some Lee-Speed style work done of a round bolt knob, No4, MK2. 1953 or so.

Things like a custom bbl: mebbe in 6.5X53R Dutch, or .303/.25 Imp. Mebbe a bolt lug true up, etc. Mount some leaf sight and good front sight. use CAD-tech mount for a removable scope. have my own stock pattern. Want to come out looking like a cricket African magazine Rifle.

So, do you do this kinda work? Or know who does?

4. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    I can do about anything you need on a Lee Enfield. Look at http://www.geocities.com/westcustomgunsmithing/leeenfield.html The 25/303 is a neat little cartridge. I am barreling one up in the shop for a customer right now. I have load data for this on my site and dies are available from CH4D or RCBS (RCBS is WAY too high though).

5. Charlie

Charlie G&G Newbie

Indy
    Tony, can you re-barrel a #1Mk3??

6. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Tony,
    Could you fix up a #4 Mk2 that I have? I bought it a long time ago, and it was in pretty bad shape. I haven't had time to really do anything with it myself. It's not a bad shooter, but I would like to have it rebarreled in .303, refinished, and maybe accurized a little bit. What about a detatchable scope mount for it? I would like to scope it, but the mounts I have seen don't allow you to use the iron sights. I'd like it to be a really good shooting rifle. I'd use it mostly for target shooting, but would also like to hunt with it. What do you recommend? TIA

7. Hvy barrel no.1 mk3

By the time I am done, I will have two re-barrelled with heavy barrels. One with a #7 contour Douglas in .444 Marlin, and one with a #6 contour Douglas in a shortened .405 WCF known as the .405 "Teddy" (after Teddy Roosevelt).

8. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Guys, I think we need to flood Tony with e-mails of support so he will open his shop back up... I hate to see the quality of work he is capable of go by the wayside... You can e-mail him through his profile on GunandGame.com. I know this thread is older than some children, but it's just been on my mind lately. I think he deserves our support.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=5

9. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

The earlier pics in the previous posts by Tony were apparently corrupted when we switched off our previous server 9 months ago. I'll see if I can scrounge up some pics of his Lee- Enfield custom rifle work.

10. jerry

jerry Patriotic Member Forum Contributor

USA
    Sell Lee Enfield parts Tony?