Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't wait anymore. I called my wife(I know I know), and she said that would be one of my Christmas presents from her. So, for $225 I picked up my first SKS(cool thing is, my wife said her mom might be buying me a gun also). So, here she is.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
nice!
if it were me, I'd replace the scope mount cover with a "normal" receiver cover and use the iron sights (or get aftermarket sights). You'll be much happier instead of cussing at the scope when it doesnt hold zero.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the next thing I'm going to track down. I want to find an original receiver cover and one of those TS200 rear sights.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know for sure. At first I thought I would replace that also, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. Are there any websites that will help me decode what markings on it? It says Model SKSS 7.62x39MM CBA. VH G or BH VH

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,313 Posts

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the links. I finally took the SKS to the range today. I must say, there was no recoil(to me seems lighter then my brother-in-laws AR). Due to about 45mph winds and some rain, all I really got to do was make some noise, still had a blast though. The next step for me is to replace the receiver cover and a TS200 rear sight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts