Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. We drag a ragtop Wrangler behind our class c. Spent 24 years Army then Air Force. Taught some classes for Fort Huachuca for a while. I was Intel for many years also so likely we had similar jobs, as they say, back in the day. I have no clue what they do today. Welcome, I learn new gun stuff every day on this forum and likely you add to that.

Reactions: rangerjd

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina!

I'd love to be able to do the RV thing full time but I'll have to wait awhile.
Better not wait too long cause the will all be lectric motors...just all the new trucks..

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
I love any and all firearms, also love archery hunting.
376 Posts
Welcome from Washington state. I'm also retired Army, spent most of my time in the Ranger Regiment and learned to love my Aviation brothers. My youngest son is a Special Forces Medic stationed at Ft Bragg, teaching the Special Operations Medic Course. Been there for two years, but spent most of his time with 1st Group. If my wife and I didn't have such good jobs I'd be living in Idaho, because this state and Emperor Inslee drives me nuts.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
chuckle...
i almost just bought an older little motor home.
i didn't because it had a small block in it.
if i'm only gonna get 6 MPG i'm doing it with enough juice to climb a mountain pass.
None of the gas motor homes have much power. Our class c is about 31 feet bumper to bumper, it has the Ford V 10. Pulling a Jeep Wrangler 2 door, it will drop to 45 mph on some 6% grades. Our diesel dodge 3500 with the same total weight in a 5th wheel would always hold 55 mph and get 11 mph towing, the V 10 gets 7.

·
Registered
12,383 Posts
FIL had a gasoline RV & often said he wished he'd bought diesel for the mountain trips. It failed on us about half way to Yellowstone & had to be towed. I don't recall how many miles it had on it, but he had it towed back to Odessa, where we lived. Pulled the engine, borrowed my wife's pickup & hauled it to Shreveport where he rebuilt it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I live in Idaho with my wife, dog and a jerk cat. Our kids are grown. I’m a retired Soldier, 21-1/2 years, some spent in Aviation, some spent in Intelligence and some spent in Special Forces. We enjoy traveling in our Monaco motorhome, towing our Jeep Wrangler Sahara.
Thanks for your service, my brother! Fred Wahl, 3rd Armored Cav. Reg't, HQ&HQ Troop

1 - 19 of 19 Posts