Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning all: I'm a recreational shooter (for the last 10 yrs) and look forward to chatting about and learning even more about shooting sports, firearms and accessories.

I recently turned 65 and am just getting into bullseye shooting to see if I enjoy it.

·
Old man, No tact...
12,364 Posts
Welcome to G&G. Shooting sports will offer lots of enjoyment.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Welcome to G&G!

I like your screen name!

Reactions: Bitterclinger

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York. What do you use for bullseye shooting? One of my favorite target pistols is a S&W Model 25 in .45 ACP with a 6 inch barrel, which has been described as "the '57 Chevy Bel Air" of target pistols. Cousin to the mighty Model 29 and built on the same frame with the same cylinder blanks, it was one of the first pistols designed for bullseye shooting. I enjoy it when I take it to the range. Plus which, it makes me feel like Harry Callahan while spending money on ammo like Scrooge McDuck. Where I live, .45 ACP costs a lot less than .44 Magnum!

Reactions: BigEd63

·
Wonderment :)
33,495 Posts
Bitterclinger: Sir; Welcome from NC

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. My bullseye shooting career came to its end last year after some surgery I had. The focus never quite came back all the way. But I wish you well and enjoy the sport. I'll be happy to share a story or some advice off and on.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I will be the one prompting you to start loading your own ammo.

Reactions: Cyrano

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be the one prompting you to start loading your own ammo.
I'm an avid reloader... For about 5 years.

.38spl
.357mag
9mm
.45ACP
.45 Colt
And I just bought dies for 9x18

Reactions: LittleRascle

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the Forum from the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York. What do you use for bullseye shooting? One of my favorite target pistols is a S&W Model 25 in .45 ACP with a 6 inch barrel, which has been described as "the '57 Chevy Bel Air" of target pistols. Cousin to the mighty Model 29 and built on the same frame with the same cylinder blanks, it was one of the first pistols designed for bullseye shooting. I enjoy it when I take it to the range. Plus which, it makes me feel like Harry Callahan while spending money on ammo like Scrooge McDuck. Where I live, .45 ACP costs a lot less than .44 Magnum!
Here's what I'm using in my first match (indoor at 50ft) coming up this weekend Nov 14-15 (I'm shooting in the Sunday relay)

I'm using CCI std velocity .22lr in the Ruger MKIII 22/45 lite with a holusun dot sight, and some .45acp 200gr SWC in the SAR K2 .45 with a Sig Romeo5 dot sight (using that gun for both the centerfire and .45 matches)

Photo_2020-10-27_07-07-05_PM.png

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,575 Posts
Welcome from across the big muddy neighbor. I have a good friend around Ft Dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome from Virginia. My bullseye shooting career came to its end last year after some surgery I had. The focus never quite came back all the way. But I wish you well and enjoy the sport. I'll be happy to share a story or some advice off and on.
Yes... I would love to hear your perspectives.

I did pick up a used Pachmayr pistol box with a spotting scope from a guy who also retired from the sport.

IMG_25102020_183601_(650_x_1000_pixel).jpg

·
The outer edge of civilization
13,884 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Welcome from connecticut...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts