Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello for sunny Florida. First time post on this Forum. some may see me over at Greybeard's too. I am a displaced Texan (just sort of got stuck here after 23 years in the Navy) and havn't got out yet back to Texas (more likely will relocate to Tennessee some time in the future). Got heavy into Mauser sporter building this summer with three rifles under my belt, .338-06 built on a Husqvarna FN 98 action, a 7x57 built on a Turk 93 action, and a .257 Roberts built on a Yugo 48A barreled action (and scrapped the barrel). All use Adams and Bennet barrels from Midway or GunPartsCorp. Not totally satisfied with my results so far. All the rifles shoot well, just want to work on action smoothness some more. I know I'll probably never get Savage or Browning smoothness Out of them, but would love hints to get them close.

I also got into Black powder Cartridge rifles in a big way summer before last. I have been using Pyrodex and 777 mostly because black powder is so danged hard to get now unless you go into a consortium with others to buy a full case.I love the Rolling Blocks (I have 4 no 1's, two Egyptians .43s and two Swede 12.7mm's, both of which I reload for , and two Trapdoor Springfields's, one an original, and the other a carbine cobbled together from parts which someday will be married up with a 32" octagonal heavy barrel for long range chicken and pig metal targets shooting. I also love the H&R handirifles, having several, including a Buffalo Classic.

I reload, gunsmith, woodwork, and avoid honey do's as much as possible. Dave

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you'll fit right in here. Enjoy the boards! :)

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Glad you could join the site. Sounds like you will fit right in.lol Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Nice collection of firearms tackleberry. welcome aboard and enjoy the forums..

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts