Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I've been shooting since 2001; but just getting back into the hobby after 6 years of not shooting much (had 2x kids). Iraq veteran (03-04) infantry, out of Germany, and that is what basically gave me the bug. Was stationed in Colorado after and some guys brought me to a gun show and made a few purchases and started from there with some range days in the rocky mountains.

I just bought a few pieces recently to help me get back into it, brining my total up to 8 or so, I like to have a nice mix of rifles, shotguns, revolvers and pistols. I really like plinking and short to mid distance paper targets at range days, nothing too serious marksmanship wise.

One was an H&K pistol and i just had a horrible experience with an overzealous moderator over at the HK Forums (straightgrain) who was deleting my posts welcoming new members in the Rookie area. The guy clearly was on a power-trip, had a chip on his shoulder, and was just generally being a huge prick (you know the type.) I'm hoping it's more laid back and welcoming around here, because i'm too old to tolerate that nonsense.

Anyway; looking forward to meeting some members and learning more about guns, ammo, OC, CC, etc. etc.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Welcome to G&G!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Welcome to G&G...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Old man, No tact...
12,364 Posts
Welcome, sir. Thank you for your service. :usa2:I think you'll like it here.

Reactions: Rick Dangerous

·
God, Guns, Glory
34,696 Posts
Welcome to G&G from Alaska.

·
The outer edge of civilization
13,884 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina and thank you for your service.

I escaped from southern New England many years ago :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! The older i get the more i feel the need to escape as well....for many reasons.

I'm a "bang for the buck" kind of guy and New England isn't it. I literally want to move to where i can get the most house/property for the money (and maybe be near a lake, big river or ocean.) Maybe Tennessee or Mississippi? Sometime in the next 3-5....

·
The outer edge of civilization
13,884 Posts
Look at western North Carolina as well. You can get a good return on investment, have all 5 seasons (mud is a season), good hunting and pretty sane gun laws.

·
Firearm Affectionado
4,219 Posts
Welcome from the Texas South Coast. Texas will welcome all Republicans if you're looking for a place to move. We have lakes, rivers, and Ocean. (Gulf of Mex. actually)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes i am a Republican, one of the reasons i want out of the Northeast. I want to be in a firmly red state where i can converse with sensible like minded people; haha.

I enjoyed living out west; Colorado was nice but it went and turned Blue on me! Hope the same thing doesn't happen in Texas anytime soon (or ever preferably) o_O

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Another welcome from Alaska! Glad to have you here. Your avatar gives your approximate age away...by-product of the 80's are ya?:)

Sorry to hear of your crummy experience on other forums. I believe you will find our sassy band of misfits fun to be around. Again, welcome, and a grateful thank you for your service!

·
Premium Member
20,750 Posts
:):)Welcome to G&G from Michigan:):)

Thank you for your service:usa2:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thank you for your service, and welcome from the Buckeye State.
:usa2:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York. Love your avatar.

A number of alumni from my graduating class moved to Maine and settled there. Unfortunately, almost all of them are Democrats.

Reactions: Rick Dangerous
1 - 20 of 25 Posts