Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Marcucco, (or Mark) a recent transplant from The Ocean State to The Rio Grande Valley.
I'm hoping to get a lot more range time in down here and maybe start reloading for my '97 12 ga.
I was a Winchester collector, there's still some Winchester and marksmanship videos up on YouTube under the screen name Marcucco, and I was a moderator for Wikipedia's firearms Q&A's (Most of what I did was weed out the dangerous and BS posts, Wiki's pretty much crowd based & hands-off).
I've been shooting since 1959 and still learn something every time I'm out in the field.

...anyhing else you want to know, feel free to ask.

·
Old man, No tact...
12,364 Posts
Welcome to G&G, Mark....

Reactions: ChaZam

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm Marcucco, (or Mark) a recent transplant from The Ocean State to The Rio Grande Valley.
I'm hoping to get a lot more range time in down here and maybe start reloading for my '97 12 ga.
I was a Winchester collector, there's still some Winchester and marksmanship videos up on YouTube under the screen name Marcucco, and I was a moderator for Wikipedia's firearms Q&A's (Most of what I did was weed out the dangerous and BS posts, Wiki's pretty much crowd based & hands-off).
I've been shooting since 1959 and still learn something every time I'm out in the field.

...anyhing else you want to know, feel free to ask.
Welcome!! I'm in San Marvelous (Marcos) and originally from the RGV!!

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
ME? funny thing ... I drove all the way here from New England to escape the warmest, dryest winter up there in years. Go figure.
Thanks.
Yeah, here in Maine, one year ago, we had 17 below zero. Yesterday we were in the upper 50's and walking around in our shirt sleeves.
On Monday, I started the day at 3 AM with 10 below and ended up with 45 above around noon.
The old saying is true about New England weather: "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. It will change."

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, here in Maine, one year ago, we had 17 below zero. Yesterday we were in the upper 50's and walking around in our shirt sleeves.
On Monday, I started the day at 3 AM with 10 below and ended up with 45 above around noon.
The old saying is true about New England weather: "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. It will change."
Thanks for the welcome Junction 15.
This winter turned early up there, we had 3 snowstorms before Christmas.
I said 'skip' this. Put the dog in the Cherokee and pointed it south.
Friends and family back there tell me it turned into one of the mildest winter in years.
No regrets tho, I have no use for the cold any more.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York.

Reactions: ChaZam
1 - 20 of 41 Posts