Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so here is the deal.
I have the itch to further expand my collection, but I am torn between:

a Russian SKS for $300 (matching, original, sling incl., no elctro, VG cond)

a Finn Mosin M39 for $239 (matching*, VG-ish, Orig. sling incl, sighted in)

a Westinghouse Mosin 91 for $199 (good to VG cond, non-matching)

*I believe it is all matching, the elevation sight piece doesn't have the same number, but it matches the number of the other M39 he has, so I am curious to if it is just a manufacture number or something, help appreciated in this area as well :) )

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha. Eh, I was actually doing an experiment. MAN there are alot of Mosin Lovers!!
Look at the difference in number of responses!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Get LOTS of them!

Somebody's got to say it...get them ALL!
gotta agree with JP.....I have a SK Yugoslav made, as well as a Mosin. with a little work....that Mosin is an awesome shooter!. Cant have too many guns, bro!

·
Registered
2 Posts
help!

i have a question..can i fire a 7.62 x 54 round out of my sks? i know that i would have to load them one by one but would this round cause damage to the gun?

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
i have a question..can i fire a 7.62 x 54 round out of my sks? i know that i would have to load them one by one but would this round cause damage to the gun?
NO, that is a realy bad idea, plus i dont think it would fit, but even if it did... it would ruin you gun and youd be lucky if that was all..... in short ...NO,NO,NO!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a question..can i fire a 7.62 x 54 round out of my sks?
No you can not. The 7.62 x 54r is a lot bigger than the 7.62 x 39 and even if you managed to somehow jam it into your sks once you pull the trigger it would probably blow up in your face.

Trust me two very different sizes of ammunition.

a Finn Mosin M39 for $239 (matching*, VG-ish, Orig. sling incl, sighted in)
If you have to pick only one, I would get that baby! The Mosin M39 is fun to shoot and can be very accurate.

You have to let us know which one you choose!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts