Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have zero knowledge about competition shooting, period. However, it seems like something I might be interested in if I had more information.

Does anybody know where I might find something in NW PA like this? What kind of caliber do they generally use? Any ideas?

I'm sure my local gun shops might know something, but I don't want to look like a complete idiot walking in and asking 1000 questions, lol.

Kate

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
If you have local ranges, check with them. Competition shoots can be fun until you meet up with the competition know-it-all...lol

Usually .22lr; .38, 9mm, and .45acp. I've even used my Automag III.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I really enjoy the CMP shoots. The people I run into at those matches are really helpful and go out of their way to help out the new shooters. This holds true even at Camp Perry last year! (Well, all except for Tex and Paper making silly faces while I'm shooting trying to distract me!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome :)

Didja make funny faces back at em?

I'd hope that somebody would give me a hand. The reason I posted was because I didn't know where to start. It appears now that I might have a starting point... now I just need to see what I can find on the CMP site. :) Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
If you are a Glock owner, Glock has their own league all over the country, no fancy custom guns are needed, just plain old factory Glock pistols.
You might also check out IDPA, which has local shoots in many places, with shooters experience ranging from novice to expert, and stock guns up to custom jobs.
NRA has a smallbore indoor league that is fun and rewarding as well.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I love carbine shoots. I have done three gun and sporting clays. Every competition I have gone to people bend over backwards to help the newbee's. They always help and give suggestions and tips.

The only problem is that there almost always is a guy who knows it all and belittles the new guy. Usually this guy watchs to much TV and doesn't really know what he's doing.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
50 BMG or GTFO...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts