close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help!! FEG P9R problem/question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by sergei, Aug 18, 2002.

1. sergei

sergei G&G Newbie

I'm new here. Just got an FEG yesterday! Nice looking gun, this 9mm is NOT a Hi-Power clone, though is loosely based on that same design. It's a double action weapon, with a hammer-drop safety. I can't take it appart!! How do you field-strip this thing? I can't get the slide stop lever/pin out of the gun no matter what I try... Due to the obvious reasons, I can't do it the Hi-Power way. Any ideas? Anybody else owns one of these?
    Feedback badly needed, as I can't fully inspect the weapon without taking it appart! Nice looking gun though...:p

2. sergei

sergei G&G Newbie

P9R

OK, I pushed out the pin for about 1.5mm... The slide stop end seems to be catching on to something... I can't take this friggin' gun appart!!! Anybody?!:confused:

3. MSW

MSW G&G Newbie

Here's the direction from the manual for disassembly of the P9R:

1. Prior to disassembly, you must first remove the magazine from the pistol. To remove the magazine, turn the safety lever to the "on" position. depress the magazine release button and withdraw the magazine.

2. With safety "on" and the clip removed, pull the slide to the rear and manually set the slide release lever in it's notch in the slide.

3. While firmly holding the slide to the rear with your left hand, use the index finger of your right hand to push the slide release lever pin (located on the opposite side of the frame) out of the frame seat. While still holding the slide to the rear, remove the slide release lever completely from the frame.

4. Allow the slide to go forward and pull it completely off the frame.

I hope this helps.

MSW

4. Apollo Morelos

Apollo Morelos G&G Newbie

MSW. That was a big help.

5. chris barcelo

chris barcelo G&G Newbie

I have the same problem with my Feg P9R, comes cleaning time, it is always a problem, believe me. My slide release is very very very difficult to remove. Last time I dismantled it, I use a small rubber hammer just to remove the slide catch. Nevertheless, its my back up pistol (my personal handgun anyway) when we are on the field. Its very reliable, shoots straight and true By the way, I am a sgt of the phillippine marines assigned in Basilan, Philippines. Another thing about caliber, I always believe that the most effective caliber is constant practise and more practise and get acquainted with your weapon, since a hit from a miniature .22 cal revolver is much better than a miss from a .50 sniper's rifle.

6. just follow MSW's instruction and you should not have any problem field stripping your P9R.

7. Ronald38

Ronald38 G&G Newbie

I have a FEG P9R that was very difficult to disassemble, but I did it. NOW I can't get it back together. Can someone help ?? Thanks.

8. Ronald38

Ronald38 G&G Newbie

FEG P9R Assembly

Can someone help me get myFEG P9R back together ? Please. Thanks.

9. jrh55

jrh55 G&G Regular

assembles in reverse order , place slide assembley back on frame , pull slide to rear until slide notch lines up with notch in frame , push slidestop all the way in till flush with frame rack slide ck. to see if all is working insert empty clip and ck. again hope this helps jrh55

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  10. Ronald38

Ronald38 G&G Newbie

FEG Assembly

Thanks - I am trying to do that, but I can't get the slide stop to go back in. I have taken it apart and reassembled once before, but can't seem to get it this time. The pin goes part way in, but not all the way and not far enough to stop the slide. Something is wrong as well as me being incompetent. Thanks.

11. Ronald38

Ronald38 G&G Newbie

FEG Assembly - continued

Hello - Aha ! I finally got it. I discovered the spring-loaded ball bearing inside the piece connecting the barrel and recoil spring. That bearing was stopping the stop pin from going all the way in - it has to be pushed in hard to overcome the ball bearing. I also discovered you can push the pin into the connector, then push the slide back and push the pin into the hold back notch. Then it works ! I'm used to the 1911 where the pin is put in with no spring pressure - then compressing the spring wth the plug and barrel bushing - which is much easier, I think. Thanks to jrh55 for your help.