Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,297 Posts
looks like about $75 for the front/ rear combo. packaging appears to have changed but i think its the same part # cp25

PS while the package has a handgun image on it, i believe these are for an ar-15.

· Registered
12,716 Posts
if you want glow in the dark sights the trijicon link above will have what you want.
i recommend getting the front dot a different color from the rear ones.

· Registered
3,109 Posts
Yep your package is for an AR, or so it says. Any quality tritium sight will work on a Glock 19. The rear sight just slides out of the dovetail and a new one right in, you can do it with a small hammer and a punch but better to use sight tool. The front sight is held on by a tiny nut underneath the slide. It is 3/16th inch. They usually include one with the sight set.

If you do not have a sight moving tool, they are only $25 on Ebay/Amazon and will work on Glock, Sig, 1911s, and most any gun that has dove tail mounted sights. The look like this:https://www.amazon.com/StarONE-Univ...eywords=sight+push+tool&qid=1645583855&sr=8-7
Product Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Font

The sight sets look like this. Rectangle Musical instrument Font Electronic component Audio equipment
Here are some for $64.

· Registered
3,109 Posts
Why get the front dot as a different color than the rear? Asking cause I don't understand why and want to know.
I will answer for him. I think the reason is because some of the brands have all three dots the same size. In the dark it is hard to try and put the front dot in between the other two dots. I have had them on duty and personal guns since 1990 and would not have a police duty gun without night sights.

Some people like just the Big Dot, on the front under the theory that if you are using night sights you are so close that you do not need the rear sights and the action is so fact, you would not have time to line them up anyway. I tried the Big Dot, I do not like them and will not have them, except maybe on a shotgun.

Personally I have not tried the different color sights but think it makes sense. There are also people who teach gun fighting that prefer night sights that only have one dot on the front and one dot on the rear. You just put one on top of the other and fire.

Those are fast also. Just depends on what you will do with them. The gun next to me now is a standard Glock 19 with the standard 2 dots on the rear and one on the front. I like them because I live in the boonies and can line them up for a precise shot if I see a skunk or coyote sneaking around my yard. I carried them in law enforcement and they work for me.

I think that is what he will say. When I was teaching CCWs I always recommended them, although lasers are much faster and more precise.

Hope that helps. 5R5 will correct me if I am wrong.....

Reactions: tnmedic

· Registered
3,109 Posts
Options.
Rectangle Font Technology Electronic device Auto part
Automotive tire Product Rectangle Camera accessory Font
Circuit component Rectangle Output device Auto part Electronic component
Automotive tire Building Rectangle Fashion accessory Auto part

Circuit component Rectangle Font Electronic component Auto part
standard 3 dot system...............................

and the Big Dot big dot --this one has the rear sight.which is a little dot, that one would work......
Rectangle Output device Font Automotive tire Data storage device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.