Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cheap new stock for my Turkish Mauser, but I don't want to pour a lot of money into it. This is just a shooter not a collector piece for me. And I am tired of my worn out cracked original stock.
I have looked at a few online, but I haven't found exactly what I am looking for.
I am looking for a sporter style. Not a Military original style.
Either Synthetic or Wood.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, what are you thinking about turning it into. Standard monte carlo sporter? Target stock with raised comb and palm swelled grip? Did you check out that ugly ATI copy of the Steyr Scout stock? It's ugly as it gets, but if the grip profile is as close to the real Steyr stock as it looks in the pictures, it would definitely handle well.

::edit::

Found this for you if you haven't seen it:
http://t6aluminum.tripod.com/98_mauser_stocks.htm

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is probably the most ugly stock I have ever seen.
But Richard Macrofts stocks are awesome, I love going to his sight, he has some really nice stuff.
Other than the ATI buttugly one-I'm not picky on this right now.
I just want to shoot it without the lug of the old one. Later on I plan on ripping off the barrel and building on this action, but for now I just want something easier to put on and lighten it up a bit.
But a Synthetic one would be great. Any style, but I believe a cheap sporter version will be sufficient.
Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts