Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by the local gun store last night, and behold an unissued 1950 Russian. It has the lam stock and looks really nice, arsenal refurb I guess. Now the question I have, is $400 a good price for this. It's the first russian I have seen for sale, so have no idea of the value. I am thinking it's a good deal.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,289 Posts
Not a bad deal, not great . . .

For our local area (north Florida) this is an okay price for an unissued Russian. Skanky ones go for as low as $100, used for $250. I'd still try to talk him down a bit lower. Really nice Russians are hard to find, as collectors have pretty much gotten them all.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
400 is a might bit steep. I payed 150 for my Tula 1954 unissued all matching numbers. That was 10 years ago they are going for about 250-300 right now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naw it's not to big a factor, I just don't want to get hosed. I would buy it to collect it, not shoot it. Ok I would probably shoot it!

Alot of gun investments now a days are better, and a whole lot more fun than the stock market. ALthough I lose in both, I want to limit my losses! Since I don't know, I thought I would ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts