Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy i know says his uncle has an SKS that he wants to sell. I asked him what kind of SKS it was...he could only tell me that the butt stock was short. Is this a Norinco, or some kind of Korean type? Is there any markings or parts that can tell me where it came from? He couldnt tell me anthing else about it other than he'll sell it with 3 boxes of amo for $150. Is this a good price for whatever kind of rifle this is? Im thinking about buying it, after getting my Yugo last weekend Im hooked, even though i havent shot it yet.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
On the left side of the receiver my Norinco says "Norinco blah blah blah" on it. Ask him how long the barrel is. If it is a Norinco, thats a good price for a full size, and a great price for a paratrooper. Thats why I ask about the barrel length.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Most SKS's are marked on the left side of the reciever. There are several sites that can help you decipher the codes. Are you sure that the stock is original and not cut down? No matter what it is, I would jump on it at that price. If the stock has been cut down, you can buy replacement stocks in new cond. for less than $20.00-usually around $10.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts