Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the video on how to take apart. No problem there, but now I cannot get the trigger/mag assembly to go back together!!!! Help please!!!!

·
Banned
92 Posts
If I remember correctly, the safety must be off for the trigger group to click back into place.

You might also have to oil it up a little, it sometimes sticks.

It shouldn't take more than a whack from the palm of your hand to get it to click in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
this video may help not sure if its the one you already watched or not.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Xck4WtlZc]YouTube - Disassembly and Assembly of a Yugo SKS[/ame]

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
That's usually caused by the safety being in the wrong position like caretaker said.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's the video I watched.

I finally figured it out. I had to open the bolt. I was trying to put it back together with it closed. But seeing as though I got some attention I have another question. I pulled up the lever to release the dust cover but the darned thing wouldn't budge. Do I have to remove the lever entirely? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Pull the pin back as if to pull out of the reciever assy.
Watch out the recoil spring assy could pop out. Keep both hands on it

·
Banned
92 Posts
When you go to release the dust cover, only raise the leaver to the top of the groved area first... Then pull the dust cover off.. Once the cover is off, put your finger over the hole before moving the lever all the way up, and the spring will push the rest out.

If you raise the leaver to far, you will not be able to pull the dust cover up and out. Once you get it, you will see the level controls the rod, which has one flat side. The flat must line up straight for the dust cover to come off, and for it to go back down.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
When you go to release the dust cover, only raise the leaver to the top of the groved area first... Then pull the dust cover off.. Once the cover is off, put your finger over the hole before moving the lever all the way up, and the spring will push the rest out.

If you raise the leaver to far, you will not be able to pull the dust cover up and out. Once you get it, you will see the level controls the rod, which has one flat side. The flat must line up straight for the dust cover to come off, and for it to go back down.

That's the gas tube...

Are we talking about the receiver cover or the gas tube?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!!!

Thank you for your assistance, after reviewing the video again I realized he had wiggled the pin out not just rotating it upward. I am such a dork at times. Now moving forward, do any of you have any suggestions for optics? I am purchasing the T-6 tapco stock for it that has the weaver rails. I am looking for a quality red dot but not to pricey as this is my 12 year olds gun. I am going to be taking him coyote and deer hunting. He is a pretty good shot open sites, but he is really into how cool things look so I figured a red dot would work because of the eye relief and how far away from his eyes the scope would be. As far as distance shooting around here if the deer are more than 50 yards then there are several thousand Ponderosa pines in the way and you wouldn't be able to see the deer any way so this gun is perfect hence the decision for the red dot.
:feedback:

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Your son will LOVE the tapco stock. As far a looks go, it's da bomb! Anyway, about the optics. I don't know about the red dot. I got a receiver scope mount and put a short scope on mine. Only problem there is you have to zero it all over every time you clean it. Red dot would probably be the way to go if you're set on optics. I took my scope off and put peep sights on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts