Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Frame is a 1911. Whether or not everything else matches would take someone more expert than I. Looks like a nice solid piece anyway. Colts are pretty easy to date from the S/N.

There have been reproduction 1911 frames made in recent years.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Ok thats Better...wow...You have a 1918 colt 1911, and by the finish on it , it appears to be an Arsenal rework.(Parkerized) still a great find today...
Rich

Oh, and some of the parts have been changed from Original and the Grips are replacement grips...
Can I ask How much you paid ???

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
well...Book Value is around 550.00 for a re-work, but in todays Market depending on region 700.00 would be max I would pay for one.
IF that gun was not re-done, it would be worth 4-5 times that...
I hope it is a Good shooter for you !!!
Rich

·
I don't take prisoners...
3,885 Posts
It has some mixed parts,short trigger, long grip safety, long hammer spur, plastic grips are of the A1 type. The flat mainspring housing is 1911.The rear sight looks like a late replacement, but the front sight looks original.The parkerized finish indicates a rebuild, but it is a 1911 frame. $700 is still a very good deal. A Colt rebuild around me would be close to $1000.I believe the slide is early also, but I am not sure of that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok
Can someone tell if I should put these parts on this Colt or leave it alone it my shooter and If I put them on will I screw It up. It would bring it back a little more to original .
Thanks

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
If you are keeping it to shoot, keep the parts put away, and leave it like it is...It wont hurt a thing.
If you are Re-selling it, it will bring a Higher price with the original parts back in it.
Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts