Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a Remington 1917 Enfield SN: 268XXX that has all remington components, "R" stamped everywhere.

When I got this gun home I completely disassembled the rifle to clean and inspect it. Seeing how it was full of cosmoline and had very little wear I am guessing it has shot only a few hundred rounds since the ordanance bomb was stamped into the reciever.

I had to buy another extractor as the existing one was broken other than that it is in beautiful shape.

I went out and shot it last weekend using 150gr Remington coreloks. At 25yds yds it grouped excellent but shot 4 inches high. At 100yds it grouped well but shot 8-9 inches high.

This rifle has the flip up yardage sight that starts at 200 yds and goes to 1600yds. The normal battle sight has no vertical adjustment (unless I am missing it). I also assume that it was meant to shoot a certain bullet and the sights were made for that round.

What do I need to do to get a true zero at 100 yds without messing up the accuracy of the flip up elevation sight?

·
Registered
725 Posts
There is no vertical adjustment on the battle sight, so you aren't missing anything. Surplusrifle.com has a range report on the M1917 that I just got done reading, and it says the battle sight is set for 400 yds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts