Help with a Black Diamond

Discussion in 'Thompson' started by Tigercat200, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Tigercat200

Tigercat200 G&G Evangelist

My brother-in-law has a T/C Black Diamond Super 45 XR that has a problem. Forgive me if I use the wrong terminology but I'm not a black powder shooter. Anyway, the part that screws into the breech end of the barrel won't come out. He says he greased it when he put it in. Apparently, there was a small wrench that came with the gun to remove it but he bent the wrench and still the nipple (sp?) won't budge. He has put some WD-40 penetrating oil in the barrel but that didn't help. He's thinking of pulling the bolt out and using an impact tool on it. I suggested he send it to T/C but that didn't go very far. Any suggestions?

Another thing he was talking about was trying smokeless powder in it. Not much you know. I think, hope, pray that I discouraged that. That barrel is one heck of a piece of iron but T/C says don't do it and that's good enough for me. I wouldn't want a face full of bolt.

Lord save me from relation.

2. mikejrhd

mikejrhd G&G Newbie

They do have a breach plug wrench . That you can get any sporting goods store . That reaches the nipple it is less than $ 30 . You should stick to Pyrodex or the Triple 7 burns cleaner less smoke no sulpher smell.