Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! Yugo SKS FiberForce Dragunov Stock PROBLEM!
Ok, heres the deal, my dad and I are having trouble with our Yugoslavian SKS we bought a while back. We installed a Fiberforce dragunov stock on it but there is a problem with it. When you pull the bolt back and let go, the bolt carrier travels too far forward and if there was loaded, it would fire. The only way i could get it to fire is to hold the bolt back before it goes that 1 cm too far. To illustrate this i took a couple pictures. Apologies for the quality (webcam) but this should help you understand whats up. As you can see, the bold carrier is to far forward, it is supposed to stay back about a centimeter and then will go forward to fire the round after the trigger is pulled.

If any1 could help us solve this problem, it would be much appreciated.
PS: The gun worked just fine before we installed this fiberforce dragunov stock

·
Registered
80 Posts
uhhh, isnt the bolt supposed to be all the way forward, and locking in, cause other wise it wont fire? maybe im just understanding u wrong, also check if u put the whole bolt assembly in right, and that the carrier is slid back into place properly.

good luck!

--edit--
oh i dont know if this is right, but i think i read something about the fiberforce stock, that sometimes u need to like shave off parts of the stock a bit, to make it all fit and stuff, but i dont know that for sure, so dont try that, unless someone else on here knows that

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
The bolt carrier is supposed to go all the way forward to lock into battery, but the hammer in the trigger group is supposed to stay cocked for firing.
Either you have a clearance problem somewhere on the trigger group ,OR, You dont have the trigger group installed and locked into position properly.
Rich

·
Registered
815 Posts
A little unclear.
_normal_
Bolt closes,
Hammer falls,
gun fires.

_what you said_
Bolt closes most of the way.
Bolt closes rest of the way,
Gun fires.

When you pull the bolt back and let go, the bolt carrier travels too far forward and if there was loaded, it would fire.
Slam fire?

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
The bolt is supposed to be all the way forward ie: no clearance between front of carrier and reciever. If it was staying open with the old stock, I'd say that either the old stock had some probs and was holding the bolt open or , as stated earlier, the trigger group wasn't installed properly. In function, when the trigger is pulled, the carrier shouldn't move forward at all, only the firing pin should move and you can't see that. If the rifle slam-fires, take the bolt apart and clean all of the cosmoline out of the carrier and off of the firing pin. When clean and operating properly, you should be able to shake the bolt and see\feel the firing pin sliding back and forth. If that doesn't help, one of our members actually works for ATI, I believe his handle is ScotIvan or something similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cleaned the bolt up, **** and span, took it apart and all, good to go, still does the same thing, the firing pin can move freely and just fine. Anything else?

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Are You saying that if you put a round in the magazine, pull the bolt back and let it go forward into battery, the gun will Fire ??? If so then it is in the TRIGGER ASSEMBLY / sear/disconnector/ has a major problem or is not installed properly or has been Illegally altered . Something is letting the hammer fall improperly...
Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts