Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on hold at a store, a used Henry 22 rifle...probably 20 to 30 years old or so don't recall the model. Store wants $69.00. I looked it over today and noticed the barrel had a little wobble where it meets with the receiver. Is this a problem? The guy (this was at Cabela's) said there is a pin that holds the barrel in place and it might just need to be replaced. Would this be an issue? Would a new pin take care of the problem? It (the pin) is located kind of at the forward base of the receiver, near where the barrel meets it.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Henry Repeating Arms
59 East 1st Street
Bayonne, NJ 07002
Tele: 201-858-4400
Fax: 201-858-4435 ,,,Try contacting the company and see what they say or talk to a good gunsmith.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
To answer your question...Yes. However, under normal shooting conditions the barrel pin should really show no wear and the barrel would be tight to the receiver.
My calculated guess is that the previous owner had removed the barrel for some reason and may have lost the original pin and used an undersized replacement pin; or he couldn't get the pin back into the slot and proceeded to sand it down to get it to fit. Either way you would need to replace the pin.
Ditto Sam's response. Henry will most likely want you to return the rifle so they can replace the pin if needed and check the rifle for functionability; which is not a bad idea.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
I totally agree with these guys. For the price you are paying for the rifle, I would def send it in and get it fixed by Henry !! They are awesome, accurate rifles !!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Old Henry rifle

I know the Henry Rifle people in Brooklyn have been building guns for about 10 years or so at that address. I thought they were new to the Henry name. Who and where were the rifles being built 30 years ago?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts