Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifey is thinking she needs her own Lever Gun (Wooooohoooo!) I will never say, you don't need that, in regards to another firearm. Anyway, I was thinking of getting her a Henry Steel Boy in .327 Fed Mag. My question is, will it shoot all of the .32 caliber rounds like a revolver? And how about feeding, will this be an issue. Reason I ask is I have a lot of 32 H&R Magnum rounds.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,022 Posts
Send an e-mail to Henry. I once did, and got an answer from their President, Anthony Imperato, himself. Their customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
the 357 mag big boy I have will shoot 38 spl but only feed reliably 158gr 38 spl. That would be the only issue I can foresee, is the H&R the same length as the 327 mag?

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,372 Posts
Comparing .327 to .32 HR mag is like comparing .357 to .38 roughly.

for comparison, most every .357 lever gun I’ve been exposed to will feed .38’s(bit shorter cartridge) to one extent or another, some better than others.
My expectation would be similar for the .32’s. Would need to trust but verify though.
good call on asking Henry. My opinion is a generalization only.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
... Anyway, I was thinking of getting her a Henry Steel Boy in .327 Fed Mag... Reason I ask is I have a lot of 32 H&R Magnum rounds.
According to the Henry site both .327 Fed Magnum and.32 H&R Mag will work. Take a look at the specs on the Henry site. They are pretty good at listing the various calibers that will work with any given rifle.

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They actually responded to an email and told me just that. Thanks draftingmonkey!

Curious now...is there any reason you couldn't shoot some of the others (32 S&W Long, maybe the 32 S&W) though the rifle...single shot? I know they won't cycle, but any reason you couldn't load them one at a time if you were desperate???``

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is Henry's response to my question.

Big Boys chambered for .327 Federal Magnum can use any good-quality brands of factory standard or +P loads of .327 Fed Magnum or .32 H & R Magnum only. You cannot shoot any other types of .32s in a Big Boy rifle.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Henry .327 Big Boy Carbine Review - GunsAmerica Digest When they came out Guns America did a test and said the Henry would cycle and shoot the 32 Long, but it carboned up the chamber pretty quick. Got to be a fun gun. I would have thought that Marlin and Rossi would have one by now as they sell every 357 they can put on the shelf. Maybe later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts