close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Henry AR-7

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: I've always wanted one of those AR-7 survival rifles...:assult: They have been made by a dozen different makers but Henry is claiming they have improved it..:confused: Check it out at
    www.henryrepeating.com/
    What do y'all think ? :eek: :fuss: :nod: :assult:

2. I have very little knowledge of the AR-7 but if it has anywhere near the quality that they put in the Gold Boy I it'd be a great gun...fer sure.

The Gold Boy was one of the better investments I made.

And, BTW, I had an ejection problem with my Gold Boy right from the get go (I was just unfortunate to have gotten a problem case....Henry don't make many of them!) and Henry employees in NY were great to work with.

From the lady answering the phone all the way through the tech who fixed it and then the person who sent it. They kept you in tune as to what was wrong and what was happening. And they did it all in less than two weeks, including ground UPS shipping both ways.

Works like a champ now....fer sure.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2002

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I think I'll get the camo one and throw it behind the seat of the "Brown Bomb", I think it would be great for a last minute plinkorama or a camp pest! (small pest of course)

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

If I see a silver Henry AR-7 at the gunshow Saturday (tomorrow) I'l be taking it home with me

5. Good luck LD.

What are they running for these days?

6. NRAJOE

I still want the camo...

7. Well, dayum, Joe, get the dang camo! LOL

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I had to settle for the new Colt Cadet .22lr at the local hardware store..$270 :target:

9. As long as yer happy, LD.......make sure you let us know the range results.

What happened with the Henry?

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

couldn't find one..

11. Sold my AR-7 Explorer last year.
    I don't know about the Henry but the Explorer did not like lead bullets. Jacketed worked fine.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I put 100 rounds through it..it's no tack driver..it was too windy to be shooting and it may not like Remington .22 ammo :target:

13. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I thought about my previous post..it wasn't fair..I'm no tack driver myself

14. NRAJOE

Just tacky.....;)

15. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I have one..never shot it..keep meaning to..just never do

16. Well, a gun is not a gun unless you shoot it.

Otherwise it just collects dust and becomes a centerpiece of discussion.

So, get out there and shoot it...dang it! LOL

17. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I haven't had it very long..my wife keeps dragging me off to something or other :guitar: everytime I get ready to try it out

18. ALR

ALR ][][][% Forum Contributor

Wife got a horse,then I got a gun, haven't shot either one yet. She talks about the horse, I just shutup.
    Oh yeah, I've got an AR-7 too, loooooong time ago,my kid likes the way it floats. I also have a Mitchell Arms of Kalifornia Conversion Kit for it too.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  19. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

what is that ?