Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased several Henry rifles in my time and, they have all been very well made. It's an outstanding company. Here comes my gripe. I've written several letters to Henry Arms, asking them to consider branching off a little and looking into making semi-auto firearms. I have ask them numerous times to consider a semi-auto 9mm Carbine. I've suggested that with the thought that EVERYONE knows how well built Henry firearms are made. I've also encouraged them that a HENRY Semi auto carbine would fly off the shelves in every gun shop in America.
I think most everyone would relish the thought of a Henry semi-auto carbine. I think the time is right for Henry Arms to hop on the bandwagon to promote Semi Auto Firearms.
What say you?

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
good luck.
they took a poll about 2 years back asking lever gun guys what it would take to get them to buy a henry.
the number-1 answer?
put a loading gate on the lever guns.
they would double their sales by just doing that one thing.
they would further increase them again by offering 'other' calibers, which was their number-2 most suggested suggestion.
I see neither thing happening.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,357 Posts
Henry has made their reputation on quality lever actions. They do have a bolt action now, but a semiauto would be out of their realm of interest, excepting their version of the AR7, the "Henry Survival Rifle". Even it is an abberation from their norm. I believe Henry is right where they need to be. Plenty other manufacturers available to make semis.

Reactions: Ten Man

·
Premium Member
24,586 Posts
Overall in the grand scheme of things in the firearms industry, all of the 9mm semi-auto carbines just have a minute percentage of the total market. If I was Henry I wouldn't tool up to compete for a tiny slice of a huge pie either. That would appear to me to be as bad of an idea as when Chevy came out with the HHR to compete for the minuscule part of the automotive marketplace that Mopar's PT Cruiser occupied...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts