close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Henry Repeating

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: What do y'all think of this Brooklyn based arms maker ? :cool: :fuss: :nod: :assult:

2. Deadeye

Deadeye G&G Newbie

Henry Repeating Arms

The original Henry pre-dated the Civil War, made its mark in that war and still looks like the original. I own 3, 2 of which are .22 and the other a .17HMR. These rifles are nice enough to mount & admire, with walnut stock & forearm. A plus: made in America.

I doubt there is a smoother lever action repeater out of the box and they accurately shoot short, long & long rifle in semi-automatic mode. Can't beat that for flexibility. If you are in doubt, try the .22 model H001, their least expensive, for about $200. You will not be sorry.

Their catalog is free from Henry Repeating Arms - Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right. Warning: You will want to own more than one!!!

3. The lever-action Henry is great. I can't see how anyone can make such a smooth rifle for such a low price. I picked one up last spring and just love it.

Of course, the Henry is not in the same "old-world craftsman" class as the Browning BL-22 or the Marlin 39, but it's still a great gun. I'd recommend it.

Dang! I'm the victim of another ancient post! 2002?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  4. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

What happened to logansdad? Banned?

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

If you read my threads last week you will see one I opened on the recent purchase of my first Henry .22 rifle, bought at Wal Mart for $219 plus tax.

Haven't had an opportunity to fire it yet...but will as I get time. Going deer hunting tomorrow and Sunday...but I'm leaving it in my gun case in lieu of using my Rem 700 30-06.

The Henry looks beautiful and seems to manipulate easily, too. I fired one a few months ago and liked how it looked, felt and operated, etc. So I knew I had to have one in my gun cabinet ASAP...and it's lonely now just setting there waiting to be fired.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Great company making a great little gun - 'Nuff said! :)