Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Global Warming Enthusiast
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is a little odd.... I'm not sure exactly what to make of it, but then again they didn't ask for my opinion. ;) I guess everyone wants black tactical these days. And it includes Henry's first pistol caliber side loaders.

https://www.henryusa.com/x-models/

Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
I guess there is a market for these Tacticool lever rifles, but not in my gun locker. Just my personal choice.
If someone else wants one, go for it, and give us a range report!

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess there is a market for these Tacticool lever rifles, but not in my gun locker. Just my personal choice.
If someone else wants one, go for it, and give us a range report!
Yeah different strokes right? I keep my tactical stuff separate from my walnut stuff, don't want them doing the nasty and end up with a child like these. :p

And no .30-30?

Registered
I like it BUT I'd rather have flat finished dark walnut. And forget all the picaniney rails too.
Forget about the threaded barrel also.

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like it BUT I'd rather have flat finished dark walnut. And forget all the picaniney rails too.
Forget about the threaded barrel also.
Which kind of leads us back to the regular Henry. :D I'm with you Ed.

But Henry seems like a good company, I hope for their sake it sells well. I'm thinking for the most part it's aimed at the 35 and younger shooters.

Reactions: TXplt

Premium Member
Well this is a little odd.... I'm not sure exactly what to make of it, but then again they didn't ask for my opinion. ;) I guess everyone wants black tactical these days. And it includes Henry's first pistol caliber side loaders.

https://www.henryusa.com/x-models/

You're just a RACIST AC!!! You know what they say...."Once you go black.....!"

Registered
tell Henry what you want [454 would be fine, I'd like to see the 480 Ruger]
a bunch of us got together and moaned and groaned about the side gate, and there it is.

i'll buy one of these as soon as I see one in 41 magnum.
the sights will most likely get tossed before I get home.

but,,, a synthetic stocked lever rifle makes complete sense to me, I use my lever guns they go where I go and get tossed around some.
stainless holds up okay, but isn't real stealthy, like cutting through the aspen trees on a sunny afternoon.

Registered
Which kind of leads us back to the regular Henry. :D I'm with you Ed.

But Henry seems like a good company, I hope for their sake it sells well. I'm thinking for the most part it's aimed at the 35 and younger shooters.
I like the matte blue and a side loading gate. And I'm wondering why no .30-30
also.

Registered
they have other designs [you know in blue and steel type rifles] in both 30-30 and 35 Remington.
I was kind of hepped on a 35 rem until I seen the 20" barrel part.

Registered
they have other designs [you know in blue and steel type rifles] in both 30-30 and 35 Remington.
I was kind of hepped on a 35 rem until I seen the 20" barrel part.
I have a Marlin 336C in 35 Remington, so I don't need or want a Henry in the same caliber, but for those that don't, it would be a decent choice

Premium Member
tell Henry what you want [454 would be fine, I'd like to see the 480 Ruger]
a bunch of us got together and moaned and groaned about the side gate, and there it is.

i'll buy one of these as soon as I see one in 41 magnum.
the sights will most likely get tossed before I get home.

but,,, a synthetic stocked lever rifle makes complete sense to me, I use my lever guns they go where I go and get tossed around some.
stainless holds up okay, but isn't real stealthy, like cutting through the aspen trees on a sunny afternoon.
I wrote Henry with my request... Bribed them with cookies and moose jerky.

I think it would be neat to bring my 454 handgun in the field and have a rifle to match.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts