close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Here's another Darwin award winner.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by colt45, Jul 1, 2002.

1. YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE YOUR DOG IN A CAR LIKE THIS WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE YOUR KIDS.
    A CAR CAN GO FROM 80 DEGREES TO 110 DEGREES IN JUST 10 MIN. IN THE NORTH EAST ON AN OVERCAST DAY EVEN WITH THE WINDOWS CRACKED.
    10 MIN. MOST OF USE SPEND MORE THAN THAT WAITING IN LINE AT THE EXSPREES LANE.
    THIS KIND OF STUPIDITY MAKES ME SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SOMEBODY GET ME A ROPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Police: Children die in hot car while mom at salon
    June 29, 2002 Posted: 6:46 PM EDT (2246 GMT)

SOUTHFIELD, Michigan (CNN) -- A Detroit woman whose two small children died in her car while she was getting her hair styled has been taken into custody, police said.

"There's no excuse for it. This woman's a criminal. I'm going for murder one," said Southfield Chief of Police Joseph E. Thomas.

The woman confessed that she left her 10-month-old daughter and 3-year-old son in her 1995 black Dodge Neon for more than three hours Friday afternoon, Thomas said.

Tara Maynor, 25, was a regular at Utopia Salon of Southfield, where she had an appointment Friday to have her hair curled, said the shop owner, Bruce Moore.

Around 11 p.m. Friday, officers responded to Providence Hospital on a report that the bodies of the two children had been brought in by their mother.

The girl, Acacia Darcell Maynor, and her older brother, Adonnis Dominuque Maynor, were pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

The mother initially told investigators she had been abducted from the parking lot of the salon, raped, and then returned to her car, which was in the lot.

There, she said, she found her children still inside the car, according to Thomas.

But late Friday night, she confessed that she had left the children unattended in the car for more than three hours during the afternoon, while she was having her hair done, Thomas said.

"The temperature was in the mid 80s," he said. "It had to be between 115 and 120 degrees in that car."

After the mother discovered her children were dead, she drove around for about an hour, "trying to conjure up an excuse for her actions," Thomas said.

Only after concocting the rape story did she take the children to Providence Hospital, Thomas said.

The woman is being held in the Oakland County Jail Southfield Annex "pending further review by the prosecutor's office, which will probably come early next week," said Det. John Harris.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

That seems to happen alot in Detroit (I live 65 miles away) I think its all those crack pipes you can buy on just about every corner in "Detoilet, MI." and i do mean de toilet!

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Unbelievable

4. I am sure she will figure out a way to keep the welfare bucks rolling in with out her children. Hopefully from prison.

5. Arizona

Arizona Guest

The darwin awards are for people who die doing stupid things. This woman is still alive.

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I hope the woman is put through the same torture her children were

7. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

While she's in prison, I hope they play recordings of kids playing and laughing 24/7. Drive her to the brink of suicide, then put her in lockdown. Start everything over after that.
    Chris, if the punishment actually would fit the crime, this wouldn't happen. Even though the kids burned up for a hair appointment, some liberal pansy is gonna say she deserves leniancy because she had a complex about her hair at the time and wasn't able to think clearly.......

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Killing children does not qualify. If she had locked herself in, then she might have gotten an award.

9. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

We don't have a punishment in the law suitable for what she did. She'll burn in ways we can't imagine, later.

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, she can always sue the car manufacturer for letting her do it.

11. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

I would sue the hair stylist. I cannot believe that no one else saw those kids in the car.

12. Well it seems to me she knew what she was doing.

13. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

True story: A woman left a 1 1/2 year old baby unattended next to a swimming pool in her back yard for 45 minutes while she went inside to make some phone calls. When sehe came outside again, the kid was at the bottom of the pool. An ambulance chasing lawyer reads about the tragic "accident" in the news and calls the woman. They try to find someone to sue and file a lawsuit against Proctor and Gamble for making killer diapers. Supposedly, P&G knowingly made diapers that absorb liquids!. The lawyer tried to make the case that the baby could somehow have swum to the edge of the pool and climbed out if it weren't for the waterlogged diapers. P&G had to spend tens of thousands of dollars defending against this idiotic suit.

14. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

It's still not illegal to be a stupid moron,in fact it will get you out of a lot of tight spots,just watch the TV and read the paper.It happens every day and just think of all the occurances we don't hear about!It's scarry!:nod: :nod: :nod: :mad:

15. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I hope the first thing they do is shave her head. Aboslutely no excuse for her actions!