Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an old gun just want to find out more about it the stock has Charles daly serial number 125790. the barrel has j.p. sauer & son serial number 125790. it has 2 12 barrels on top and then a 3855 riffle barrel on the bottom. two rabbit ears and two triggers. a flip on top that goes left to right to swap to the riffle barrel and the brake down is on the left hand side of the gun. it has a crown for the proof mark only one I have seen some with two. each barrel is stamped 3 times with other marks. the action has 2 of the same stamps one is different it has a g where the barrel has a u. if some one could help it will be great my papa gave me this gun back when I was 8 and he is no longer with us so I cant go to him for this. it has been in our family for over 145 years. thanks in advance

HVFD420

· Registered
1,735 Posts
First, It is considered more polite to introduce yourself by telling us a little about yourself instead of instantly asking for help identifying or appraising a firearm!

Welcome to Gun & Game!
Next, you need to show us pictures, several clear pictures showing any markings.

· Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,465 Posts
And basic English skills help us read it so much better.
Just saying......

Reactions: PAPA G and Chris

· Registered
15,546 Posts
just wanted to know about the gun not how much its worth!
Welcome to Gun and Game! It sounds like K75RT has led you in the right direction. It sounds like a drilling. There were a number of multi caliber/gauge models.

If you have any more questions, don't be shy about asking.

· Registered
4,734 Posts
Welcome to the fun!

Lots of food folks here, with tons of knowledge!

Your drilling is not chambered in a common caliber, IIRC. The 38-55 is not common in the European market. I'd probably have a chamber cast made and verify unless it is clearly marked 38-55. I mentio. This because there are cartridges close to American calibers but not quite the same.

JMHO.

· Premium Member
12,389 Posts
With experience, comes knowledge, and G&G has a wealth of shooting experience, and loads of knowledge can't help but be far behind.

G&G also has a reputation for being among the friendliest forums in the gun community.... keep it that way. :usa2:

· Premium Member
12,389 Posts
just wanted to know about the gun not how much its worth!
Sir, welcome to G&G, and please accept our apologies for the reception offered by a few. We look forward to having you around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.