Hey from Tenn!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ACfixer, May 14, 2020.

1. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Congrats on that good move AC! Other than getting 'closer' to Jaison, I see no negatives in this transplant!!!

Rocky7, Brother Bob, rando and 5 others like this.
  2. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Here ya go, Superheat:

ACfixer, Brother Bob, ChaZam and 3 others like this.

3. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

When we first moved into this house, our neighbor was the AG teacher for the local high school. He had 12 acres & raised hogs, cattle & chickens for show in the area livestock shows.

We hadn't been here long when we woke up to huge hogs in our front yard! He was over here right away, carrying a 5 gallon bucket & they politely followed him home!:p

He was in Dallas for a showing there when some of his cows got out & paid me a visit. I wondered if it'd work & grabbed an empty bucket out of my shop. Sure enough, they followed me back over to his place & thru the gate to his pasture, all except one! There was a bull that never left the pen & I was a bit leery about stepping inside with him, but it turned out he was just a big softy!:rolleyes:

The neighbor had an Austrailian Shepard. He was too old & too fat to really do any herding, but he knew where to stand & bark, to get the cow to move thru the gate.:)

cjleete, Cyrano, ACfixer and 5 others like this.
  4. ItstheHOFF

ItstheHOFF G&G Evangelist

Congrats again on the move, looks beautiful out there. And you’re doing exactly what I want to do on my own land, shoot my guns any time I want!

Cyrano, ACfixer, Brother Bob and 3 others like this.
  5. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    There are plenty of critters in that area. Have to be careful at evening and driving in dark. My son accidently hit a bobcat and a bear last year near there. He said that it is a high population of bears and turkeys in that area. Also he has shot many coyotes there in the past winter we just had. On the west side of the state they have more hogs. Plenty of deer to in the NE corner if you find a farm to hunt or a good bet is many state forests around there.

Cyrano, ItstheHOFF, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  6. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

howdy howdy Lance :) glad things are lookin up and your making your escape from the communist sh!thole and into Pirates backyard ...

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Deer are seen running downtown in Memphis.

neophyte likes this.
  8. Dan22

Dan22 G&G Evangelist

Welcome from Central Florida. We’re about one lottery away from moving to the Smoky Mountains.
    My wife and I were raised in upstate NY and moved to Florida in 1978.
    We miss the seasons and mountains and prefer Trout fishing to Bass.
    You’re going to have to learn the local language, NASCAR, and you’ll need a good squirrel rifle. You can just go buy one without Nancy Pelosi’s permission, ammo too.
    Don’t miss a trip up to the Cass Scenic Railroad in W. Va, north of Bristol. They have Shay and Heisler geared logging steam locos pulling open passenger cars through the mountains.

TXplt, ACfixer, Cyrano and 1 other person like this.
  9. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

:):)Welcome to G&G from Michigan:):)

ACfixer likes this.
  10. ACfixer

ACfixer Global Warming Enthusiast Forum Contributor

L35-KAPV
    Well thank you kind sirs... I wasn't welcome when I was from Kommiefornia? :p

I mean, I've only been a member here for 12 years. :D

CountryBoy and neophyte like this.
  11. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

Hi, I haven’t been able to post anything anywhere to ask and I know this isn’t the spot to put it necessarily since it’s off topic but I can’t seem to put anything anywhere else. Could anyone show me how I can create a new thread/post? Thanks!

12. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Upper right of each sub forum should have a green box that is titled "Post new thread" click on it and it should take you to a new screen that shows a box for thread title and then a message box for your question or info. Once done there should be a box at the bottom for posting the new topic. Good luck and welcome.

TXplt, neophyte and ACfixer like this.
  13. ACfixer

L35-KAPV
    *Ahem...* Pirate is in MY backyard! :D

TXplt, CountryBoy and neophyte like this.
  14. ACfixer

L35-KAPV
    I did a little chupacabra hunting while I was there, got one! Seems chupacabras don't like 230g FMJ's real well! Not the ideal hunting round nor my preferred weapon for those critters, but I am a decent shot with my Kimber Raptor Pro. :p

Wabbit.jpeg

TXplt, goat roper, Huey Rider and 4 others like this.
  15. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Haaaa! Yep, that’s one of those dreaded Tennessee Chups!

Well done, sir!

TXplt, neophyte and ACfixer like this.
  16. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

Thanks!

17. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Best keep an eye on your backyard then. You know how them pirates are. especially the ones that like PINK.:p

TXplt, ACfixer and neophyte like this.