close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey Oxford....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Aug 29, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I took a call at a school yesterday and as I was walking down the hall to leave I heard a teacher tell a student, "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!"

I lauged to myself and had a flashback from high school. Did you ever use that statement when you were in the business?

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

no, but that phrase is a definite keeper!!!:D

3. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

how about this one if you can't dazzle them with perfection . puzzle them with bull****

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Thoughts on immature action by teenagers

I wasn't that tactful, but I agree with PapaG that that statement is a keeper. Every situation was different.

The bottom line was whatever you said would happen if a violation occured you'd better back it up with action or you'd get ignored from that point on. Most students learned quickly that I meant business.

I tried to treat them with respect until they showed me disrespect. Then I'd be on their axx fast. Most learned quickly not to mess with me. Actually, I felt that I got along with students just fine. Seldom did I have to drop the hammer for their screw-ups.

The tough situations were when I had to break up a fight between two teenagers who had totally lost control of themselves. More than once I had to wade into the middle and separate two guys bent on destroying each other.

After 41 yrs in education I saw about every situation possible. Kids basically are immature and don't usually think about what happen after they do some silly action that "mature" adults wouldn't even think of. (ha) Actually when I think more about my statement just written, even some adults sometimes act about as immature as teenagers.
    Oxford :nod: :D