close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey RickB! Got any stock sets?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JimE2, Mar 29, 2002.

1. JimE2

JimE2 G&G Newbie

TX
    Hey RickB!
    I needed to talk to you about getting a M1 Garand stock set for a 2.5 mil SA. Got any for sale? Its for a CMP Danish M1 Shooter, but I want a USGI walnut or birch, not that butt-ugly beech that came on it. Don't really need one with cartouches, a plain jane one is fine. I got a good stock from your about a year ago, but its a H&R stock, kinda fat thru the grip, and besides, a SA needs a SA stock, right?

Thanks,

JimE2

2. Stock Doc

Stock Doc G&G Evangelist

I have a ton but probelm is they all need working on to get them up to par. Most are not tight lock ups but I may have some ugly tight ones. Honestly what are you looking for? I am so busy with customers work I can even think of toughing any of my dry wood as I call the unfinsihed ones.. I may have ugle one lieing around? Rick B

3. JimE2

JimE2 G&G Newbie

TX
    Just a decent WWII or USGI stock set that matches...

I'm not looking for a masterpiece, or a real beater stock either. You know, something that looks 'appropriate' for a 50 year old gun. A 'like new' Boyds stock is not what I had in mind. [Think Jet black hair on a 80 year old woman] Just don't look right. At the same time, I'd like one to be correct for a 2.5 million SA. I'm thinking the grip area, not too beefy or too thin. I guess thats Walnut? A few dents or dings is ok, kinda give it some character. Lockup is important, but as long as its not a real loose-y-goose-y, I think it would be OK. I'm not trying to 'restore' it, its a Danish with a VAR barrel. I liked the stock I got from you last year and thought I'd send you some more business. If you are not interesed, please let me know, and I'll look elsewhere.

Thanks

JimE2