Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While researching what handguns are now available in Ca. I found this forum and got a lot good info here.
I'm now in my 10 day waiting period...can't wait to get my new toy!...um, I mean ... "tool" that is!
I'm not in LE as a lot of the posters seem to be, but I have a family member in the CHP. I grew up around guns and hunted small game when I was younger (12) with a bolt action Mossberg 22LR target rifle that my dad modified for me so I could carry it!!! (I still have it too!)
Oh ya the handgun is a Glock 19...
I almost got the Springfield XD, I never really wanted a Glock I thought it was to Hollywood!!!. But this gun is for me and my wife as an in home defense weapon. We tried the XD the GL19, GL23, Beretta M9, and an S&W
I liked the M9 But we both liked the fit of the GL19 and could actually hit what we aimed at! We tried all of the guns at a local indoor shooting range that has rentals. It's nice to test drive these side by side to find the one that was right for us! Best $100 I've spent in a while, and my wife who has only shot a 22LR 20+ yrs ago had a blast to.:kiss: Yes..my thumb is still sore from loading clips...second purchase a speed loader!

Wow!... and I was just going to say HI!!!

Mattmaxsr
TeamPlumbCrazy

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you got something that both of you will enjoy.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You know what they say about a family that shoots together . . .

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Welcome to the site. I know all about that 10 day wait, it's torture! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
New Glock

Hi mat, and welcome to G and G. I tried that once. It hurt. [Avatar] More and more families are seeking home protection. Hope your thumb gets better loading those Mags. I see a another one on the horizon. They tend to come in pairs!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm trying to get my wife into shooting a bit, my 1911 is a bit much for her though. I've been lookin at some .380's. You have a good idea about going to the range and trying some out. It may be a good idea for me to take her to one and see what she's comfortable with. I haven't been here long but welcome to G & G though. I think it's a great community. I'm with captainbill on the "Family that shoots together needs more guns." But I'm always lookin for reasons to buy more guns.

·
Registered
385 Posts
But I'm always lookin for reasons to buy more guns.

I don't need a reason I just need some more disposable $$. Trying to off load some fishing and diving gear now to fund my new addiction. I guess I now know what a :crackhead: feels like.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You made a great choice on the pistol!! I really like Glocks. BTW, the Glock 19 should come with two mags and a loader. I guess you will get the politically CA correct mags. Oh well - that does take away some of the allure of the 9mm, but you should still have lots of fun with it.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Glad your aboard and hope you enjoy the forums.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the Hidy-Ho neighbors

I almost forgot how much I enjoy shooting!!!
I don't even have my GL19 yet..but I'm hooked again:rocketwhore:
But I went thru 100 .30 carbine for the M1,
150- .40 in a glock 23 and a Barretta 90-two
and I had a "Blast" shooting a Glock 32, that's another 100 rounds of .357 SIG

Next time I might let the wife play to!!!
But she'll have to get her own ammo!:love::AR15firing:

Matt

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Welcome! Let us know if we can help in any way and don't be a stranger!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Oh ya I'll be asking ?'s when I formulate them!?!?!
I've got a lot to read here and I'm not used to this format(my other hobby's on a delphi set up) I'll be lurking around...

Matt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts