Hi-Point .45 ACP Carbine News

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyrano, May 18, 2008.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Like many Hi-Point carbine fans, I have been waiting (impatiently) for Hi-Point to get around to producing a version of the Model 95 carbine in .45 ACP, which I have referred to in correspondence (and not been corrected by Hi-Point) as the Model 4595.

Every so often I send Hi-Point an email asking for a status report, considering they have been promising to get it on the market "any day now" for two years. Today, I received a reply to my latest email from a Ms. Shirley Deeb as follows:

"The carbine is in prototype at this time. Release date will probably be late 2008 early 2009."

Ms. Deeb also sent me a photo of the prototype. It looks like what you'd get if you attached the upper of a DPMS AR-15 with military-style M-16 sights to the receiver of a Model 995. It also has a skeletonized stock with an adjustable recoil pad, but that may only be for the test-shooters' convenience. (Remember, it's a prototype, not a production model.)

If someone can explain how to attach a photo to a post, I'll try to attach the photo here.

2. If it's in an e-mail high light the picture and right click your mouse and then click copy.
    Next come back to this thread and right click again and you'll see paste, click paste and the picture will appear.

3. Cyrano

New York
    AH, it's an attachment to an email. How do I move that over?

4. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  5. Punisher

Punisher Guest

I saw a pic of it on another gun forum. It looks like a Hi Point.

6. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

7. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Like several other members of this forum, I too anxiously await the arrival of this item in our local gun racks.

Thanks for the info...

8. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Thanks all for the info. and photo.

9. Punisher

Punisher Guest

I wonder what the price is going to be.

10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I know it's too much to hope for, but they would be doing great to make it able to use M1911 magazines! I have three ten-round mags that would be perfect for a carbine.

11. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

that almost looks like a picatiny rail on top for scope mounting....?
    around 2 bills wouldn't be too much and a decent trigger would be good,
    and 1911 mags would be a bonus.
    and if it's as reliable as their 9mm carbine.......
    am i asking too much?

12. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Probably, but it sure would be nice.

13. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

I just sent them another email, asking about that. I'll report what they say. That's a very good point, I have about 25 1911 mags already.

<edit> Well, that was quick. Got a reply to call the factory. The 4595 will be using it's own proprietary magazines, they're not even sure if it will interchange with their .45 pistols. Bummer. She said to look for a release of the carbine in late summer/early fall.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  14. ccsniper

ccsniper G&G Newbie

any new news regarding a release date?

15. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Guest

Last week there was an ad from a local shop selling Hi Point carbines...

...and, it initially looked like the .45 ACP was in their racks and on sale.

I rushed to the store...

...only to find that the ad setup had made it look like the .45 ACP carbine was on sale, when it was actually the .45 ACP pistol and 9mm carbine.

Wow...

...a rush of enthusiasm and adrenalin squelched quickly!

So, I'm still camped out with the rest of you awaiting the gate of delivery to be opened.

However...

...they did have the upgraded 9mm carbine in stock.

The new design is even uglier...

...and I'd sure like to divert some funds in the direction of buying one.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  16. Cyrano

New York
    I'm getting so fed up with the waiting, I'm giving some serious thought to laying away an Auto-Ordnance Thompson "Commando" carbine the local gun store has. It's bigger and heavier than a Hi-Point would be, and it would cost at least three if not four times as much as the Hi-Point would; but unlike the Hi-Point, it's there.