Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
I actually downloaded your video to my computer. As far as that goes, it's a pretty nice video. As any owner knows, the Hi-Points are pure awesome. A+ all around!

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the .45 I got. I like it a lot, it's a freaking "Hand Cannon", but can someone answer me this? What is the freaking point of the "point" they put on the trigger? It sets RIGHT at the point so that when you squeeze the trigger it bites into the pad of your index finger.
Is this to help you save rounds? Because after about 4 rounds, it starts to get annoying and then further starts to get painful. I ended up filing it down and off, but just curious if there was a reason or if anyone else got this.

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the .45 I got. I like it a lot, it's a freaking "Hand Cannon", but can someone answer me this? What is the freaking point of the "point" they put on the trigger? It sets RIGHT at the point so that when you squeeze the trigger it bites into the pad of your index finger.
Is this to help you save rounds? Because after about 4 rounds, it starts to get annoying and then further starts to get painful. I ended up filing it down and off, but just curious if there was a reason or if anyone else got this.
I don't have anything like a point on my trigger. Maybe you just got a special, because this is a complaint I've never heard about the Hi Point.

I liked my old 45 HP, but I paid 130 bucks new for it.....they were 245 dollars at my LGS yesterday.

I would pay 250 for MY particular 45 I had.....but I wont pay 250 for a random HP.

I like the 45 and 40, the 9mm version was horrid. It worked every time, but just ungodly to shoot. Hated how it fit my hand.

I bought the 9 and 45 about same time, I put hundreds and thousands of rounds through the 45, I shot the 9mm less then 100 times. Just didnt like it.

I liked my 9mm carbine tho, fun little gun.

I regret selling the 45, I kick myself every time I think about it, and it's been 9 or 10 years lol

I've got a pair of the 9mm carbines - one of them from around 1996 + a newer TS version. Also bought the OD green .45 pistol several years ago, and bought the .45 carbine to go along with it, since they share magazines. Only two problems I've ever had with any of them: 1] The elder 995carbine's front sight set screws worked loose & the front sight dropped to the bottom of it's adjustment. This was after several thousand rounds & several years of truck box abuse. Easy fix -just re-sighted & tightened the bolts. I just check for tightness once in a while now.
2] Both the .45 pistol & it's brother carbine are not fans of 165g hp ammo. Shape of bullet a little too angular, maybe. Anything with a rounded nose seems to work ok.
Those are 4 dependable, accurate firearms for around $750....good deals in my book.

Wow, I've just been reading through some of the Hi Point posts, and this manufacturer seems to generate an opinionated group of viewpoints. I own several of their products, including the .45 JHP - which I just had at the range this past weekend. It functioned flawlessly, as usual, despite my not having shot it for nearly a year, and the fact that my arthritic wrists were beat up from excessive snow shoveling. The JHP is undeniably ugly, but my particular example has always worked well, and I can shoot pretty darned good with it. It works best with 230g. ammo in either FMJ or JHP bullets. The only problem I've ever had with mine was when using 165 or 185g. ammo, and all I had to do then was give a little tug to the slide to get the cartridge to feed. A chip has come off of the [Teflon?] or painted? feed ramp, which makes the sharper nosed bullets snag a bit. I get used to the crunchy trigger after a few rounds & end up shooting very well at a slow pace. My rapid fire shooting with it at targets like plastic bottles floating down a creek is somewhat worse, but my only claim to greatness at that type of shooting is with .22 pistols. My opinion on all of the Hi-Point products is that they are generally better than expected, and may be a bargain.

Hah - you want to see "opinions" about anything Hi-Point, go to The High Road forum and search. You'll be reading for days, and while there's HP fans there, there's more snobs and detractors that cackle with glee at any new chance to rip on HiPoint products. Anything BUT "High Road" when it comes to HP's.

I've never experienced their pistols, but I have two 9mm carbines and one .40, love 'em.

Yeah, Hipoints seem to be a love'em/hate'em kind of gun. My son has one in 40 S&W and loves it. His girlfriend's father gave it to him so what's not to like about free? We chided him to say he should save up and get a real gun but he adjusted magazines and changed out sights and does pretty well with it.

He likes it well enough that he plans to use it for action pistol matches this year. And given that he has put so much effort into tweaking it, you know what I told him? "I hope they don't put you in my squad!"

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.