Gun and Game Forum banner
181 - 189 of 189 Posts
I have the C9 and the 40, love them both. I shoot the C9 competitively in my local ranges target league. I've been doing pretty good with it, I also own 5 other pistols and use the HP C9 because I am more accurate with it. my 2 cents.

I have the JCP .40 S&W and it is a good shooter. The problem with the Hi Points are the crappy mags they use. I have one that shoots most all ammo and one that won't shoot crap...lol. The pistol's heavy and a little clunky but handles recoil well and if you run out of ammo you can beat them to death with it. I like mine all in all.

I like them. They were engineered to a price point, but they seem to function well [at least the 6 carbines and pistols I own have], are fairly accurate, and have a good lifespan. They require a different sort of maintenance than other guns do, but what the heck for the price?

Reactions: Jaison
My problem with Hi Point firearms is that they use the firing pin also as an ejector... not good from a safety standpoint...JMHO

Reactions: PAPA G
Only gripe I ever had with High Point is, when they took that name, after Mossbureg sued them for using Maverick .They Quit making the metal frame fullsize Maverick 9mm :(and only offerd the compact 9mm after that. Which is not that compact and has an inch shorter barrel . They did however make me a new mag for the maverick, Which never came with a warenty btw.It cost me about $10 for labor and shipping.
The C9 IS OK TOO (have both):cool:. Just with the Maverick I got .75 inch groups at 21 feet(its in long term storage, figure it might be worth something one day.) The C9 groups at 2.25inches.
They Maverick was a great range gun.
If you ever talked to one of the people at High Point about there mission The guns do exactly what they are supposed to do.Arm the masses.
A way to arm the lower income citizens, who would not normaly be able to buy a gun to protect there family.To give them a reliable, fairly accurate, easy to use and maintain, firearm;that the could keep for life.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.