Gun and Game Forum banner
161 - 180 of 189 Posts
i live next to a landfill and one year my son and i was walking throuhg it and he showed me a chunk of metal that was attached to a barrel the plastic was all melted and you really couldn't tell it was a gun unless you seen the barrel .well i told him to leave it and we did we left it there rof a few more days in the rain and mud then i dicided to go get it and try to see if something could be done with it. i found out it was a highpoint and called them . all i was trying to ask the guy was if he could give me a list of parts so i could try to fix this piece of crap .. the guy said for me to ship it to them and they would see what they could do. within 3 weeks they sent me what they said was the gun i sent them but this thing looked new they went through every part of the gun and replaced it . personally i think they just sent me a new gun because there is noway they could have made a new gun from the thing i sent them. after that i was a dedicated highpoint man . anyone who will take back a gun and not ask what happened or where i found it and just fix it or replace it and send it back in a new box with 2 new mags and sling .well there is nuthing else i can say other than they rock big time.
Now who can argue with a 1st-person testimonial like this one? Name ANY other firearm manufacturer that would do that. And this is not the first time I've heard a story like this.

Now who can argue with a 1st-person testimonial like this one? Name ANY other firearm manufacturer that would do that. And this is not the first time I've heard a story like this.
and to think in the middle of the second or third week i acually called them and complained because i didn't hear anything from them and all i wanted was a parts list. the guy on the phone was very apolagetic to me and said they was working as hard as they could and as fast as they could to take care of it. a few days later a new gun showed up with new mags a sling and well everything that comes with a new gun they even boxed it up in a highpoint box. i really felt bad so i wrote them an email telling them how sorry i was for jumping all over them. they took my story of how i got the gun and what they done to it and put it in their testimonials page . it was there for a long time and may still be there.this is one reason why i would never sell my highpoints for less than a new one because anyone who buys it is really buying a new gun because it doesn't matter how beat up the gun is all you have to do is mail it to the mother ship and they will make you a new one. so to me the value of a highpoint should never be less than what you paid new for it.highpoint couls sell their guns for a hundred more dollars but i think they see it as sell alot at a lower price and give a good warranty they will make more money in the long run .now to me i think the warranty is working in their favor because what other gun company is able to get one of their guns that was field tested by a real gun owner and if it broke they was able to take it down and see where and what broke so that way they could make improvements to the newer models .thats one of the reasons i think they keep getting better and better.

You have No experience with, but....

I cant say anything about their carbines as I have no experience with them, however their pistols are JUNK. My wife's uncle has one. I seen him attempt to shoot it once. He fired 1 shot and it jammed. Corrected it, fired, magazine fell out onto the ground. Corrected it, fired, fell out again. Corrected it fired it jammed. I never seen him fire more than 2 shots without having to correct a major problem. I have several friends who are police officers in downtown Cincinnati. They say they love for the gangbangers to use highpoints because they know the bad guys will only get one shot at them before jamming. If someone offered me one for free I wouldn't take it.
I love these kinds of comments... "I know someone, or saw someone.. or someone said..." Truth be told.. I've owned several brands of 9mm's, & 45 ACP's, & Hi-Points are included. Right now, I own 2 hi-points, 1 ruger, 2 beretta's, 3 walther's. I've had jams, & clips fall out of more then 1 brand-name gun. With the jams, there's usually one common cause, & thats buying (& using) cheap, poor quality ammo (Like Blazor), & not using FMJ's. Every-Time I've used Blazer Ammo, I have Jams. Another reason for Jams (IMPE) is poor cleaning & oiling. Not once have I ever seen a Jam that wasn't caused by one of those 2 things. Granted.. there are other reasons they can happen, but IMO, 99.5% of them are symptomatic of poor ownership.

As for the Hi-Points, & your comments regarding "Gangbangers".. I don't usually play this card, but here I'll make an exception. Your bigotry towards Hi-Points is obvious, & I'm assuming your not happy that these guns are affordable to low to middle income families. Gangbangers have all types, & brands of weapons. Hi-Points plays a small percentage in their arsenal, & I doubt Police officers are happy, or "they love for gangbanger to use Hi-Points because they know the bad guys will only get one shot at them before jamming." 1st... & foremost.. it only takes one to get dead. I know I wouldn't be "Happy" if anyone was shooting at me with anything. #2. In my experiences with Hi-Points.. using quality ammo (Or cleaning properly) takes care of jamming.

I'm new to this site, & to this forum, & its not my intent to start problems with other members right off the bat, but when i read bountyhunter24's post, & the intent of the post was clear to me.. I had to respond because I have personally used Hi-Point's, & still do.. Have never had malfunctions because of the "cheap quality" (Inferred to by bountyhunter24). I myself don't think its a "cheap gun". Its a gun thats affordable to people who can't afford $500 for a Luger, or $600 for a Beretta.

IMO, Owning a handgun for protection shouldn't be dependent on whether or not you can drop hundreds of dollars on one gun. There are more hard working American's that need protection, then are "Gangbangers" out looking for trouble. The 2d Amendment is a Right guaranteed by the US Constitution, & IMO.. If most responsible people had a side arm, these gangbangers wouldn't have a chance to commit crimes... or at-least get away when they do commit them. Which leads me to a whole different topic (Cops can't protect us)... so I'll stop there.

I've been wanting to buy the new style 9mm carbine, but the only thing stopping me is the 10 rd mags....wish they'd come out with a factory 20 rd for them.

yes you will hardly if ever hear of someone who owns a highpoint say it fails it's always a friend of a friends brother-nlaws. sisters niec's boyfriends uncles wife who had the problems.i would buy a highpoint if they cost more because i know what mine does and they do what a gun is supose to do. i also find that they are more acurate than any other semi auto out there probably brecause they have a fixed barrel and not as much loose moving parts to throw off the bullet.i wonder why other manufactures don't atach thier barrels to the frame like highpoint does. even when my other semi auto's are fully asembled if you put your finger on the tip of the barrel it has a small amount of play in it but not the highpoints their barrels are solid and don't move at all.

another not owner friend of a friend story

I cant say anything about their carbines as I have no experience with them, however their pistols are JUNK. My wife's uncle has one. I seen him attempt to shoot it once. He fired 1 shot and it jammed. Corrected it, fired, magazine fell out onto the ground. Corrected it, fired, fell out again. Corrected it fired it jammed. I never seen him fire more than 2 shots without having to correct a major problem. I have several friends who are police officers in downtown Cincinnati. They say they love for the gangbangers to use highpoints because they know the bad guys will only get one shot at them before jamming. If someone offered me one for free I wouldn't take it.

Just another non-owner gun snob with a friend or a friend story!

Yet the cheapo .45 I got once gave me NOTHING but problems. It and a Raven .25 ACP were the two absolute worst gun purchases I ever made.

Though what did I expect, since I didn't pay more than 50 bucks for either of them.

Yep, if you had contacted Hi-Point they would have taken yours just to figure out the problem and would have sent you another. I myself after having 4 different pistols and carbines have never had one of them disappoint me and a couple of them I have bought from police officers who's departments have bought new shoulder weapons for their officers to replace the ones that the officers owned. And none of the officers ever had a bad thing to say about them. But then I dont live in or near a city!

i dont know i one one and its a love hate relashinship it works fine on day works terrible the next, same ammo. it sometimes has a prob with ejecting the spent casing. It gets caught. i really dont tak it out much anymore, its an intresting gun though.

Call Hi-Point, in my experience they will fix whatever problem ails your weapon. And no I dont work for Hi-Point but when I was down on funds and needed to replace a weapon or two right after a divorce. I found Hi-Points and yeah they are a little bulky and heavy, better in a side holster and belt than a CC holster. Extremely good in the truck or the nightstand and fun at the range!

I have no experience with Hi point,so I can't judge,but a 9mm that costs $159 makes me skeptical.And so does this testimonial on the Hi point website.

"Just want to say I own the 9mm and 45. I am a retired Police Chief and know my guns. The 9mm C-9 is now my CCW gun in a Houston holster. The 45 is my night stand gun."
S-Heath, Seiverville,TN

I feel like I am at the bottom line of pistols with my Ruger P95,I would not go with less than a Ruger P95 or a S&W Sigma personally.

Its good to be skeptical, but skepticism shouldnt keep you mind closed to the possibility that a Hi-Point just might be a bargain in today's world. I bought my first HP carbine (a 995) off of GunBroker for $129 including shipping. Now you really have to keep your eyes open to get one that cheap. There must be a reason, and all the gangbangers dont go to firearms dealers to by the weapons, it has to be the average Joe has learned what a deal they are still at twice the price of a year ago.

It just shows how shallow the gene pool is getting.

We used my best friends for taget practice the last shot from 45-70 contender finally reduced it to to many pieces to find. It was fun to shoot at though. We could find no other use for it to small for an anchor.

Ok, now you didn't tell us what was wrong with it. You just told us that you considered it an anchor. This sounds like a friend of a friend story plus it makes me think about how shallow the gene pool is down at that end.

Hello My Friend

I know nothing of their pistols or carbines... Never fired one never held one. But after looking on Gunbroker for gun prices on .40 and .45 semiauto pistols I kept seeing these and they were so cheap and looked horrid.

I personally wouldn't ever buy one just by the way they look and the price has me weary of them as well.

Sir; You and I are in a lot of the same forums and I generally look forward to and respect your opinions almost all of the time. Here comes the but! In this case you are totally being a gun snob. The weapon that you have taken your nickname from is truly an ugly pistol and you really get less than you pay for. I agree HP pistols are ugly and heavy, I know my 45 is. But they are accurate and reliable. They are American made and employ Americans. Not like that pistol you take your name from again. Yes they are inexpensive, but you get a lot in that inexpensive package and they are good as an open carry weapon. I really hate to see you being such a gun snob but we are who we are.

Let's just say I gave a Hi-Point a go. It failed miserably. So I am not busting their chops without ever having owned one.

This isn't near as impressive as the story about the carbine found in the landfill, but it definitely made my day. I bought a 995 about 10 years ago because it was small and cheaply priced, not to mention it looked cool to an 18 year old. I put a muzzle break and lazer on it to make it "better." My intentions were to sling it while I was fishing so I could shoot the damaging beavers and muskrats on the farm ponds and not have to worry about ruining one of my more expensive rifles from the mud and water from setting it down. I took it out shooting and found out it's one heck of a nice shooter with very impressive accuracy from a 9mm. The only issue I've had with it would be the charging handle coming loose, but a little loc-tite took care of that. This carbine is a TANK, and requires very little TLC. I recently moved into a new house and in the process of moving my guns somehow the front sight cover broke - really aggrivating me. I searched the internet to find a replacement with no luck. So I called the company expecting to pay a high price for a new factory part. The extremely nice lady on the other end didn't care to listen to my story or ask any questions other than "what's your address Sir?" I just wanted a price so I could pay for it, she then said, "Sir, we stand behind our guns 100% and I will get one shipped out to you at no charge as soon as I get your address." If that isn't the absolute BEST customer service, then I don't know what is.

the only thing i ever sent back to the company was the carbine i found in the dump and they sent me a new one back with extras.when i bought ny c9 the mag would only hold i think 8 rounds and if you fully loaded it it would jam on the first round so i called them and the guy told me how to fix it and he also asked for my mailing address because he was gonna send out a new mag .he told me to keep the old one as a spare .this company is the best company there is to deal with.

I bought a broke JH 45 for about fifty dollars. Called the company with parts that were missing. They sent me the new parts free of charge.
It works like a champ. Other than a big gun it shoot great. Even my fifteen year old loves it.
I also bought the 995 9mm carbine for $100. It was suppose to be broke... nope no problems other than missing the sights.
Called the company and they sent me the new sights and carrying strap free of charge. Can't beat there customer service.
The carbine is a blast to shoot.

The only time I ever had to call the factory was because I was being a dumb a@# and decided it would be cool to buy all of these very "useful" parts from a guy off of eBay. They were aircraft grade aluminum parts, including a trigger, a barrel shroud, some kind of accessory rail that absolutely did not work, and of course, the ATI aftermarket stock, that I had to SHAVE DOWN with a FILE to make the actual gun fit inside of it. After many headaches and realizing I spent an extra $100+ dollars on a rifle that didn't even cost $250 NIB, I switched it back to it's 995C set-up, only to jack up the trigger mechanism when switching it back. I called the company and talked to a woman who sent my call to a company gunsmith. The man asked what was wrong and what happened, so I told him I jacked up my own gun trying to make it "better", to which he politely told me I shouldn't have done that, and then explained how to fix the issue. He asked for my address, and for my own stupidity, they sent me a 995TS trigger for my Classic carbine, along with nearly all of the spare parts to fix what I may have broken. It's now a fully functional 995C, and I have a bag in my closet full of 100 bucks of wasted money. The gun works great by the way! Always did, and always will. Same goes for my C9, which is the only gun that ALWAYS goes to the range, regardless of what I feel like shooting that day.

As for the Hi-Points, & your comments regarding "Gangbangers".. I don't usually play this card, but here I'll make an exception. Your bigotry towards Hi-Points is obvious, & I'm assuming your not happy that these guns are affordable to low to middle income families. Gangbangers have all types, & brands of weapons. Hi-Points plays a small percentage in their arsenal, & I doubt Police officers are happy, or "they love for gangbanger to use Hi-Points because they know the bad guys will only get one shot at them before jamming." 1st... & foremost.. it only takes one to get dead. I know I wouldn't be "Happy" if anyone was shooting at me with anything. #2. In my experiences with Hi-Points.. using quality ammo (Or cleaning properly) takes care of jamming.
I am sure this guy is gone, and maybe even a drive-by post, but I just have to comment, that in one of my college classes a while back (American Government) I wrote a final paper about how gun control is both classist and racist, and that specifically targeting "Saturday Night Specials" is an attempt by well-to-do people, but mostly the power-elites to take away firearms from the lower & middle classes, as well as minorities. It was the only paper I ever wrote in college to earn 100%, so far. :smokin: Also, my Hi-Points (C9 & 995C) both kick ass in general. Great accuracy, great reliability, super affordable, knock-your-socks-off customer service, etc.

I have plenty of high priced weapons so price wasn't a consideration when I bought the Hi Point .40 S&W at a gun show for $160.00. I knew going into it that I might have mag problems but heck, these people really back up their pistols with a great warranty. Bottom line I tried it straight out of the box and did have have mag problems but I did the suggested fixes and bingo, no more mag problems and this sucker is accurate as hell or at least as accurate as I am. This pistol has an honored place on my night stand.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.